Im getting a les paul in about a week. Am looking at the standard, faded, classic and traditional. Im into lots of different music so versatility would be great but I also want a distinctive sound. I've played the standard before so know how good they are, should be playing some others tomorrow in a shop. Anybody got any advice on any o these guitars or have owned any in the past?
Play them all and find one you like!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
whats your price range? I loved the traditional I played 2 weeks ago... I'd go crazy and grab ol Black Beauty!!
2007 Gibson Studio Les Paul
2007 Dean "Dime from Hell"
2005 Fender Tele USA std. black on black w/ maple fretboard
1997 Fender Strat std. from Japan
1986 Alvarez "Yairi" DY61

Crankin em thru an Orange Amp
Well my price range is no more than £1500 which im not sure what that is in dollars but i can afford any of them models but not anything else really. Ill get a better idea tomorrow but opinions will be greatly valued.
Ok, I've played the faded and the traditional and the traditionals miles better, the shop only have the 2008 standard which costs a bit much and wasnt any better than the traditional. Does anybody know what the classic is like? Im tempted by the traditional at the moment but might try a few more shops tomorrow to see if they have a classic.