i know Bugera, Line 6, B-52, and Ibanez, and Raven all make cabs for around $250.
what would be my best choice? and are any of these a good choice?
if not, feel free to recommend other cabs, please!

thank you in advance
Look on CL for used cabs. If you get lucky you'll find a decent condition Marshall cab within your budget. $250 is quite a bit of used cab, especially 2X12.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
You’re fighting with the triangle. In a system with three things you need, you can only have two: in this case you can have cheap and powerful, or cheap and reliable, or reliable and powerful.
none of those cabs are really that great. i'd say look for a solid 112 or 212, or, even better, go for a used 212. you should be able to find a good one for 250. how much power do you need, and what are you using this cab for (home practice or gigging, etc)?
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Let's make this a bit more organized.

1. What's the wattage of the head you'll be using?
2. What size cab would you like? (1X12, 2X12, 4X12)
3. Are you willing to go used?
4. If so, where are you located?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Let's make this a bit more organized.

1. What's the wattage of the head you'll be using?
2. What size cab would you like? (1X12, 2X12, 4X12)
3. Are you willing to go used?
4. If so, where are you located?

ok sounds good.
1 not sure yet; i think im going Bugera, i think theyre either 100 or 120
2 4x12
3 yes; if in good condition. i'd like to actually play it first (i.e.: no ebay)
4 Ormond Beach, FL
Quote by rtmilster
what are you using this cab for (home practice or gigging, etc)?

im using this for band practice and gigging.
my only other amp is a 60 yr old tube combo that won't go very loud at all. (plus it shocks me when i turn it up.)
and the broken 30 watt solidstate that wouldnt go loud enough for band practice when it was wokring anyways.

and since i dont have any legit working amps right now; i need this amp to be able to work for anything; practice with myu alt-rock threepiece, practice with a 5-piece deathcore band, and NEEDS to be powerful enough to where i can use it for any medium-sized gig.
Last edited by ForeverInUtero at Dec 27, 2009,
well since you'll be using this for practice and gigging, i'd look into a 212, just for portability's sake. unless, of course, you can easily transport a 412 cab.

EDIT: not to mention, a 212 will be plenty powerful (depending on the speakers). I'd try to find a quality 212, then, if you REALLY need 4 speakers down the road, invest in another quality 212 and stack them.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Last edited by rtmilster at Dec 27, 2009,
i just got a bugera 2x12. for the price its well worth it. mono or stereo operation. the stock speakers arent half bad. can always do a speaker swap down the road if you arent satisfied.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
^In addition to the good points he makes, you'll be able to find a much higher quality 2X12 for that price than a 4X12.

The Bugera 4X12 isn't too bad if you do go the 4X12 route.
http://daytona.craigslist.org/msg/1487301016.html $200
http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/1486952171.html $150

It looks like there isn't much on your CL. I'd put up a WTB: Cabinet ad and put your budget and see what you get.

By the way, is $250 your maximum?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I dont know a whole lot about cabs, but my B-52 ST 2x12 has sounded good with pretty much everything Ive thrown at it. Loaded with Celestion V30s and goes for dirt cheap ftw
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
If you can stretch the budget just a bit more to like $300-$350, you could find a nice used 2x12, or even a Marshall 1960A 4x12 (They occasionally go that cheap). That would most likely be your best option, as it will get you something nice that will last you a while, even if it runs a bit more.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff