Poll: Do you lock the door to the bathroom in your own house?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you lock the door to the bathroom in your own house?
Yes
188 68%
No
89 32%
Voters: 277.
Page 1 of 3
Hello pit, I was just in the bathroom when I came to wondering if people generally lock the door to the bathroom in their own house.
Let's assume it's a normal day, no guests, just you and whoever else resides in your house. You go to the bathroom, do you lock the door behind you to make sure no one comes in?

Poll coming.
EDIT: Poll here.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
Last edited by Eliyahu at Dec 27, 2009,
Yep. But I've got a friend who doesn't even shut his bathroom even when guests are over. It's ****ing gross.
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Nope. I don't typically lock it at others' homes, either.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
if i'm taking a dump i lock it , else i don't even close it..
i scream for ice cream
no, my bathroom door has no lock, my family knows how to knock. but in a public toilet. yes
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
I just lock the door no matter what. You never know when someone could come home and walk in on you taking a piss and/or a shit.

Although a while back I only left it open once or twice (with no one else home obviously).
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Never, I always hope somebody will walk in and see me pooing/peeing or jackin it in the shower.
Yes, always.

Quote by Shazazmic
Yep. But I've got a friend who doesn't even shut his bathroom even when guests are over. It's ****ing gross.

Ew
yes, my mother has this obnoxious habit of not knocking.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I personally never lock it in my own house. I figure most people have common sense to notice that a bathroom door is closed and you can see light from the crack underneath it. If I'm at someone else's house or we have guests over, I only do it just to be sure.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
The bathroom door doesn't even shut all the way properly in my house.

Plus, if the bathroom door is closed, then 99.9% of the time, there's someone in there, regardless of where I am.

And, if I'm in the shower, then I definitely don't close it. On the off-chance that I slip and fall, what if the door was locked? And no one could get in without doing damage to their door?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I only lock the door when I shit.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Yeah, i do, my siblings are creepy
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
No I don't because I don't have a lock. You see what happened was, I had to go really bad and my brother was in the bathroom and locked himself in just to be a jerk and I kicked the door open. Took the lock right off. Also when I kicked the door open I happened to hit my brother in the face and he fell back and also hit his head on the toilet. I had to go really bad. >_>
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

No... As I have an En Suite bathroom in my room, and it's custom designed into an arch doorway. Makes for awkward pisses when friends are over
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If I'm going to fap, or about to take a shower I lock it, if I'm just going to piss I don't. Hell sometimes I leave the door open if I'm just pissing.
Last edited by cornmancer at Dec 27, 2009,
yeah because the single time I didn't my mom walked in on some fappage
Quote by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off. (Our own, not each others)

Quote by Union Jake
How am i gay? I was jerking it to the women, and i didn't look at my roomates things.
Nope.

If someone walks in, they're probably going to see my dick and that's their fault.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Only when I fap.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
When I'm pooping, or in the shower (cause I jack it in the shower), yes.
Taking a piss? Nope.
Of course I do. I've been walked in on too many times not to want to.

I even do it when I'm home alone because I'm seriously terrified that an intruder will come in, see me and kill me. And when I want to die, I want to do it in a dignified manner, in a coll pose with a nice outfit on. I don't want my family to find me all naked and bloody in the shower because I neglected to lock the door.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Dec 28, 2009,
no. i dont even close the door, i leave it wide open. my house and ill do what i want! =P
I used to when I pooped, but not anymore.
It is pretty well known that when the door is shut and the light is turned on, it is occupied and do not enter.
if it had a lock i would, but i always lock the door no matter what, i trust not
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
As my bathroom doors are always open when not in use, if a door is closed then it is obviously occupied.

I only lock the door to wack it
What? "No" is the minority? Either you're all insecure or your families don't know how to knock.

This never even occurred to me until now...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Nope, not at my house anyway...
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Page 1 of 3