So I've been looking for a High Gain distortion pedal that works good with EMG's and doesn't sound like crap. Any recommendations?

So far I've really been interested in the Barber Dirty Bomb. Anyone have experience with it?

But will take other recommendations.

Gear
LTD EC-1000 (EMG's)
Crate Palomino V50

Thanks

Budget: Up to 150$

I can get Dirty Bomb for 85$
Last edited by CrackTheSkye at Dec 27, 2009,
The Dirty Bomb is a seriously nice pedal. Tis a good choice.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Never played it but I've only heard good things about the dirty bomb
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
It depends what your budget is...

But a Dual Channel LED R3FX Dual Resistafier is my dream distortion pedal.

EDIT: My other dream distortion pedal is an AMT Legend M1, which is based off of a JCM800, it's more of a medium gain hard rock sound. Pretty awesome pedal though.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by JayT44
It depends what your budget is...

But a Dual Channel LED R3FX Dual Resistafier is my dream distortion pedal.

Yeah gotta love the Dual Resistafier..

Depends what you're looking for really. What kind of distortion do you want? If you're looking for an American-voiced dirt box, take a look at the Dual Resistafier, Wampler Triple Wreck.

If you're looking for a British-voiced, Marshall-y dirt box, take a look at MI Audio Crunch Box, Wampler Plextortion...maybe a Radial Tonebone Hot British.

Then there's the generic dirt boxes like the HardWire TL-2, Dirty Bomb, etc.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
I'm really interested in the Dirty Bomb however I'm not sure on how heavy it can get also if it does pinch harmonics well.

I play a wide array of music/bands. About as heavy as I would get is maybe Killswitch Engage. I also like sludge type bands (Baroness, The Sword, Etc...). With some 80's havey metal thrown in (Metallica, Maiden, Megadeth)

I'm not sure what I'm really looking for when it comes to American/British voiced. I listened to the Dual Resistafier clip and it sounded really fizzy to me. Could just be the clip I heard tho.
Quote by CrackTheSkye
I'm really interested in the Dirty Bomb however I'm not sure on how heavy it can get also if it does pinch harmonics well.

I play a wide array of music/bands. About as heavy as I would get is maybe Killswitch Engage. I also like sludge type bands (Baroness, The Sword, Etc...). With some 80's havey metal thrown in (Metallica, Maiden, Megadeth)

I'm not sure what I'm really looking for when it comes to American/British voiced. I listened to the Dual Resistafier clip and it sounded really fizzy to me. Could just be the clip I heard tho.

For most of those bands, the dirty bomb is a good choice, also look into the hardwire TL-2. However, The Sword doesn't use that much gain really, you might want to get a separate OD Box for them, maybe even a fuzz type pedal for stuff like sludge metal.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
If you're considering the Dual Resistafier, also look into the Tech 21 SansAmp GT-2 and the Dr. Boogey, as well as the Wampler Triple Wreck. They're all Rectifier-voiced pedals.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I already have a cool cat v1 od.

I got the dirty bomb cause it was 15% off today.

A dumb question tho will any 9v dc adapter such as the danelectro one work with the dirty bomb?
Most 9V AC adapters will work. You have to match the current draw of the pedal though (in mA).
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
^ Unless the Dirty Bomb is special, you don't need to match current draw. The supply has to give more than the pedal requires.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
^ Unless the Dirty Bomb is special, you don't need to match current draw. The supply has to give more than the pedal requires.

Tru dat. Listen to this guy, disregard my post.

EDIT: Nice Avatar.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
If the Dirty Bomb is a center-negative pin and 9v... any of those 3 will work.

Why not a Visual Sounds 1Spot?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-1-SPOT-SpaceSaving-9V-Adapter?sku=151686
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
yes, pay attention to if your pedal requires center pos or center neg. i burned up a pwr supply the other day due to this, but im lucky i didnt fry the pedals too. i grabbed my keyboard pwr sply thinking it was my one spot

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
yes, pay attention to if your pedal requires center pos or center neg. i burned up a pwr supply the other day due to this, but im lucky i didnt fry the pedals too. i grabbed my keyboard pwr sply thinking it was my one spot

Yeah I know about that already. Thanks tho.
Quote by SYLrules88

You're lucky there... I'd have imagined that the pedals would be the first to go.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The dirty bomb is good however I think the Dual Resistifier is one of the best distortion pedals around. The Wampler Triple Wreck is the other but that's more expensive.

Some quality cheaper pedals are the HardWire TL-2 and the Modtone Extreme Metal.
Quote by )(yperX
The dirty bomb is good however I think the Dual Resistifier is one of the best distortion pedals around. The Wampler Triple Wreck is the other but that's more expensive.

Some quality cheaper pedals are the HardWire TL-2 and the Modtone Extreme Metal.

If you're on a budget that ModTone Extreme Metal is the way to go
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Ive already bought the dirty bomb so Ill see how I like it when it gets here. If I dont like it I'll look into the Dual Resistafier