Ive been looking around for a new amp for a while now trying to find a good tone for guns n roses. Doesnt haven to be perfect slash tone, but I like his live tones, especially the smoothness when hes playing the neck pickup. the amp will be just for practice as Im still learning at this point but want an upgrade form my ss amp. I was looking at the Marshall Class 5 + OD pedal, Ive seen that recommended alot for others looking for slash tone. could anyone recommend a combination? Im also looking for good wah pedal to go with it. Budget isnt a problem as long as its not too crazy. thanks

edit

also i forgot i play mostly hard rock and classic rock and I play with a gibson lp studio.
Last edited by xxGunsnRoses94 at Dec 27, 2009,
Price range?
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

1000 max for all 3 things but it cant be like a jcm800 or anything, my neighbors would freak out.
Have you had a look at the Peavey Classic 30 by any chance? I played one at a friends house and they sound pretty darn ballsy, not to mention they are only about 300-350 bucks if you can find one used.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

i have thought of that but at 30 watts thats going to be pretty loud yes?i know its got a master volume but if i gotta keep it on 1 all the time is it gonna be much of an improvement of what i got now.

that would actually be best though so i could do the payments off of zzounds, makes things easier. just not sure if its realistic for my situation. sorry if that doesnt make any sense im still very much a noob
Last edited by xxGunsnRoses94 at Dec 27, 2009,
I wouldn't think that it would be too loud. When I played on it, the amp was cranked pretty good and it wasn't extremely loud. How close are your neighbors? Are you in an apartment or something?
Quote by musicjunkie207

Check out Jet City amps. They're designed by Soldano and sound amazing for the price.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Laney Lionheart. Tone monster. 5watts or 20 watts. I have both. The 5 watter is awesome for playing at home and not hurting your ears. The tone sounds sooooo good though that its inspiring to play hours. I have also found some rediculous deals as of late with prices 60% of list!!