Well, I traded some of my guitar rig for a bass rig, so now I have this:

A Peavey Fury V and...

A full stack!

I plan on upgrading the head as soon as possible, as it is a Behringer BX3000T, which aint all that bad, but Ill probably get an Ampeg come tax return time.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Looks good man. How's the Peavey play?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Looks good man. How's the Peavey play?

It plays real nice, it's an older one, I was told it was 34" but I think it is 35" because the low B string is not floppy at all, I can drop it down to A and is still tight, I wish it had more frets, but no big deal, it sounds real nice, and the 3 band active EQ is pretty cool, all in all it was a decent deal.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I've been wanting a 5 string for a while so anything catches my interest.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Looking real nice, what did you trade it for?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Sorry about the behringer head and backline cab. Been down that road myself and know just how crappy it can be.

There's no need to jump on the Behringer bashing bandwagon, there's nothing wrong with it. Personally I dont care much for it, but its not a bad head, its a pretty good workhorse of an amp, and the backline aint bad either, I do like the GK NEO cab, that cab alone was worth more than one of the guitars I traded it for.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I like that dude.
The bass looks super nice.
And that rig will provide the volume most application.
Quote by gwath42
And that rig will provide the volume most application.

huh?

and good deal, besides the head!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
That looks awesome! And good luck with getting the Ampeg.

HNRD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Last edited by WARNINGnimrod12 at Dec 28, 2009,
For starters, I traded a Bugera stack and a guitar for it, and honestly the head works for what I need it for, Ill upgrade soon, but Im in no big hurry. The bass is nice, plays great, none of the strings are floppy, and the active electronics work nicely. The rig has got some serious thump to it.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
There's no need to jump on the Behringer bashing bandwagon, there's nothing wrong with it. Personally I dont care much for it, but its not a bad head, its a pretty good workhorse of an amp, and the backline aint bad either, I do like the GK NEO cab, that cab alone was worth more than one of the guitars I traded it for.

I'm not on any bandwagon; I love behringer and even got new behringer stuff for Christmas. I've probably owned more behringer gear than 95% of users on UG. All of that aside, the BX amps are bad and there's plenty of the things wrong with them.

I've also owned one and played through plenty of other backline cabs, lackluster drivers to say the least. All of this from personal experience of someone who you could probably call a behringer fan boy.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
the BX amps are bad and there's plenty of the things wrong with them.

Please continue.
Quote by consecutive e
Please continue.

1. Over-rated for power
2. Intermittently noisy
3. The EQ controls are set at frequencies where they don't do you a lot of good.
4. The extra features like bright and shape give you extra control that starts to make up for the terrible eq, but they are completely lame and poorly incorporated in their own right.
5. Ultrabass mode--bad tracking, much more tricky to make use-able than an octave should be.
6. If you tear that thing apart you'll very likely see a world built out of hot glue and thoughtlessly routed wires(which probably contribute to some of them being noisy). This was the case with my bx4500, but who knows maybe others get luck with the quality of assembly.

My main gripe is 3: the tone stack is horrible and leaves this amp sounding thin with almost any setting on the eq. I finally dialed in some useable tone using the shape knob, but it was far too much work for a single passable sound and eliminated being able to use the shape control as the footswitchable channel it was designed to be.

Other folks have cited reliability issues with the bx4500 and bx1800 lines, but I never had single problem in that department so I'll give behringer the benefit of the doubt on that one. Some behringer lines are sturdy, some are shoddy and break easily, I've owned both, so I'm always leery even when a product has been performing well.
My Behringer BRX1800H is pretty good, has good tone, and I can get tons of sound through it with my Acoustic B115 cabinet, it pulls my highs and mids out really well [tweeter on], so it's just like my old Peavey Max Bass 112 [which had tons of mids and highs and lacked some low end]. So I think Behringer is decent despite what's said about them, because I like the 7 band EQ and I didn't like any of the other heads at that price range.

Next up for me is the Peavey Tour 450 head.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
I have the BX3000 head, which has a lot of good reviews, not so much for the 4500. I agree with you, they are overrated on power, but at least my head has a good sound, it does not sound thin at all; and it is still very loud. And this one is the quietest bass amp Ive ever had, all the Vox and Ampeg amps Ive owned had horrible hum issues. Sometimes you get lemons, sometimes you get diamonds.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Last edited by Lovecannon at Dec 29, 2009,
Ive spent the last couple of days working out NRD i just couldnt get it. i got the new and day but not the rig.
Anyway its very nice, im also with you about behringer. Apart from quality i dont mind the tone at all.
Well nice buys
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul