What do you do when you're beside yourself and can't think straight?

What does the Pit do to calm themselves down when their mind's erupting?

I just learned that this guy whom I already wasn't okay with [he flirts with my girlfriend a lot, he lives in a different state and she was visiting her family] took advantage of a situation and kissed my girlfriend. She couldn't do anything to stop it [she had taken sleeping pills and was almost unconscious], and he was drunk. But I had a feeling it would happen, so did she, and she didn't think he would anyway because they were in a hotel room with 2 other people [including the guy's GIRLFRIEND'S SISTER] and...

Point is, I'm raging and need to calm down. I didn't mean to make this look like a blog.

Any tips?
inb4 fap.
But seriously, do tai chi or something.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Take a couple deep breathes and chill to some relaxing music.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Find some cheap wine and play the blues.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
If I'm beside myself and can't think straight, I'd **** the nearest thing I could grab
Quote by chaos13
Guitar? BTBAM? Book? Tea?

Best option available. Preferably something from Alaska.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and after you're finished doing that kick that douchebag in the nuts.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 28, 2009,
take about 3 newspapers, stack them and duct tape them over a stud on the wall. Should look like this. Now you can hit the wall, you won't get hurt because the papers cushion you. Commence with hitting the wall however you like.

w|***
A|***
L |***
L |***
*=newspapers
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by Dregen

EDIT: Oh yeah, and after you're finished doing that kick that douchebag in the nuts.

He lives in a different state, I won't likely meet him for another 2 years.

By which point... bah, who knows.
Quote by Dregen

I actually prefer The Great Misdirect. Obfuscation is the greatest song ever. Selkies: The Endless Obsession only gets 2nd place.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Sounds like your girl put herself in the situation... She took a bunch of sleeping pills around some drunk guy in a hotel room that she knew would kiss her.... think about it.
get drunk with a girl high on sleeping pills. Stress will be relieved.
Honestly TS just collect your thoughts and don't do anything irrational. Talk to somebody close about it. That ALWAYS helps.
Quote by vivalasteve
Like This Will Destroy You? Nice avatar.

I like yours as well

Quote by skaterskagg1
Smoke some weed if your into that.

Just try to relax.

I usually just sit take a few deep breaths and just think....kinda like meditating

And smoke weed
Smoke 'mo herb ma brotha
Rock is like sex. One you play it (have it), you're hooked!
-Clazgar

Turn up, tune in, drop out-Timmothy Leary

Quote by gtmustang2006
The Internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.
Quote by chaos13
I actually prefer The Great Misdirect. Obfuscation is the greatest song ever. Selkies: The Endless Obsession only gets 2nd place.

But if I listen to Alaska I can break stuff to Roboturner
My sig is totally relevant to this thread. Which I like very much.

On a serious note, threadstarter, why does it bother you that much? Clearly your girlfriend wasn't okay with it, so it's not like you have anything to worry about. He was drunk, people do stupid things when they're drunk. Hell, people do stupid things when they're SOBER all the time.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I'd drink some powerthirst TS. Then rage all over him.

Seriously though, I'd suggest waiting a couple days before you decided to do anything, and honestly it's not that big a deal. If the guy is sorry about it and not a douchebag then I'd let it go, but if he's an asshole who's bragging about it or something then I'd act more vengefully.
Quote by dviv17
I'd drink some powerthirst TS. Then rage all over him.

Seriously though, I'd suggest waiting a couple days before you decided to do anything, and honestly it's not that big a deal. If the guy is sorry about it and not a douchebag then I'd let it go, but if he's an asshole who's bragging about it or something then I'd act more vengefully.

It's just... it's like when people go on vacation and come home to find that someone broke into their house but didn't take anything.

There's no harm done. But you feel so violated.

Bah. I'm just so pissed.
Quote by Msu_Man04
It's just... it's like when people go on vacation and come home to find that someone broke into their house but didn't take anything.

Bah. I'm just so pissed.

That I can understand. But it also seems like the kind of thing you get over in time. Like, a short amount of time. Seriously, just go to sleep and you'll feel better about it in the morning.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Msu_Man04

Bah. I'm just so pissed.

Hmm...that was a nice analogy. I honestly can't relate on a personal level, nothing has happened to me on that scale, but I definitely see where you're coming from.

I guess just try and let out the anger in a way that doesn't get you in a lot of trouble or pain.
Listen to three songs that scare you. I mean blasphemous, brutalizing, terrifying stuff.

>.> The only prescription I know of is metal. Sorry.

As retarded as this sounds, music can often help a lot.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Seriously, just go to sleep and you'll feel better about it in the morning.

This.

Quote by skaterskagg1
Quote by AtomicPunk7
This.

Yeah. Usually I feel better about stuff when I sleep.

Doesn't change the fact.

The BEST part is that his girlfriend won't learn of it "because it'd complicate things too much" between a bunch of people or something.

I think that's stupid. She should know. It's not fair to her. Him not telling her is just as bad as her lying about it.

But... oh well.
Quote by Msu_Man04
Yeah. Usually I feel better about stuff when I sleep.

Doesn't change the fact.

The BEST part is that his girlfriend won't learn of it "because it'd complicate things too much" between a bunch of people or something.

I think that's stupid. She should know. It's not fair to her. Him not telling her is just as bad as her lying about it.

But... oh well.

Tell her yourself then. Fair's fair, right? I know I would.
dude she was asking for it.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Sounds like your girl put herself in the situation... She took a bunch of sleeping pills around some drunk guy in a hotel room that she knew would kiss her.... think about it.

She's probably wanted this guy for a while.
Quote by Dregen
Tell her yourself then. Fair's fair, right? I know I would.

I've never talked to her in my life, and I don't know how to get ahold of her anyway.

Quote by vlp_dope
dude she was asking for it.

The thing is that look at who was in the room. She thought there'd be no way that he'd try anything in that setting. He got up to go to the bathroom, came back, got between the hotel beds [girlfriend and his girlfriend's sister were in one bed, him and my girlfriend's best friend were in the other bed] to get a drink from the cup on the table between them, and just... sprang it.
Last edited by Msu_Man04 at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by Msu_Man04
I've never talked to her in my life, and I don't know how to get ahold of her anyway.

Facebook? He would probably have her as one of her top friends or whatever and you can go from there. And if she doesn't believe you then you could have your girlfriend (and perhaps the other people present) speak up for you if she was up to it.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 28, 2009,
When I'm "Beside myself and can't think straight" I have a cigarette. IDK what YOU should do.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
i wonder how the hell im beside myself and theres no mirror?!?!?!?

i usually watch TV though, no thought required
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated