I've have been getting some nasty feedback type stuff out of my amp lately. This rly, only happens when i turn up pretty loud. Not all the way, but maybe like above half. When im playing my guitar, it sounds fine. But when im not playing, i get this really loud high pitched screeching noise. It happens no matter where i stand (in front, behind, side of amp). i have a distortion pedal plugged in with a boss noise suppressor. It maybe be the distortion, but idk why. Could you guys help tell me why its doing this, and/or how i can fix it? Thanks!
unplugged your distortion pedal. i have a metal muff and im running it into a rack suppressor and it still hisses and gives too much feedback so i don't use it much anymore.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
I tried it unplugged, and i dont get that high pitched squeeling. I pretty sure that it is the distortion pedal. I mean, i do get hiss and stuff with it, but i deal with that, its not too bad, but i need to know how to stop this squeeling at a high volume....
You should check if your settings are correct on all your pedals. Also, plug out the distortion pedal and see if it still has that same hissing sound. If it does, try and alter your distortion pedals settings or look into other noise suppressor pedals, such as the ISP Decimator. My Boss Noise Supressor doesnt do much for me, so I can see why it might not work for you.
FOR SALE, PM me offers!:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifer - 9/10 Condition
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cabinet - 9/10 Condition
Jerry Cantrell Wah - 10/10
Dimebag Wah - 9/10

7-STRING/ERG LEGION.
When you have an amp turned up pretty loud with ANY distortion its gonna get some kind of feedback.
Try turning your guitars volume all the way down and then stand farther away from the amp facing away from it and turn the guitars volume back up and see if you still get the same results.
The guitars volume knob is your best friend.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Try an ISP decimator G string (or rack pro G if your into rack gear, and don't have a problem dropping $400) The Boss suppressor isn't going to do the job. The ISP G string gates the front of the amp AND the effects loop...based on the guitar, NOT the amp...you don't need to adjust for varying gain or volume settings, and gates MUCH faster than any other gate I have used.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Hmm, ok ill have to try adjusted my guitar's volume knob. I dont work much with that lol. And maybe ill look into the Decimator. I thought about buying that at one point, but i went with the Boss hahaha. Thanks for the help
One quick question...is this a tube or SS head?
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
OK....stick with that ISP G string or Pro Rack G
Also, you could try this. Turn DOWN the trebble, and see if you can adjust the tone back where you want it with the pedal (might need to turn down the bass and or mids to get close).
Usually works with the tube amps i have run....not sure if it will help on an SS head though.
Ok, so i took some of your advice, messed around with some stuff, consulted my dad (who was helpful actually, knew what he was talking about) and, like you said, it was the guitar's volume knob. Cuz the problem was the bridge pickup. Whenever i had the amp very loud with the bridge pickup, this happened, but not with the neck pickup. And i had the volume all the way up for the bridge pickup. So, i turned the guitar volume for that pickup down halfway, and turned up the amp's volume, and it all seems to be good! Thanks for all the help