im thinking about getting an acoustic. not sure which brand to go with, im liking some ibanez ones. but does anyone no if acoustics play well in drop c? havent tried one, and when i go to the music stores, i dont wanna detune them and try them all out like that.
my question i guess it, what is the best acoustic for playing in lower tunings. looking for playability.
I often tune down two whole steps for the sake of bending when I play blues. I have a cheap ass avoustic and it plays fine in low tunings. I doubt you'll have any problems

EDIT: So for choosing an acoustic, just go with whatever sounds good to you. Tuning should not be an issue
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Last edited by gatechballer at Dec 28, 2009,
I keep my cheap Fender Dreadnought in D standard and occasionally play in drop C and even with super light gauge strings it plays fine.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Ibanez is better in the electric zone, Takamine and Taylor are better in acoustics.

Just get some nice 14 strings.
Yamaha makes solid acoustics at the lower end of the price spectrum.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by misfitsramones
whats your gague

.012 to .054 i believe, as light as I could find

Ibanez's higher end acoustics are nice and look pretty good too.
What you need to do is just find one you like the feel and sound of.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!