Its a six string bass?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by bingeandletgo
Its a six string bass?

I don't see anything odd about it.. Just a run of the mill six-string bass like you said o.O
Maybe we're missing something?
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I don't see anything odd about it.. Just a run of the mill six-string bass like you said o.O
Maybe we're missing something?

Maybe TS has only seen 4 string basses
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by bingeandletgo
Maybe TS has only seen 4 string basses

Didn't think of that. You're probably right. I've had friends who didn't know about extended range basses. They thought all basses were 4 strings, so they thought a six-string was a guitar
But more on subject, just a normal six-string extended range bass. Simple as that
Quote by Swannie
this has 7 strings

You're absolutely right, I actually did not notice, I thought it was six-string.
Nevertheless, just extended range bass
Quote by Swannie
this has 7 strings

You answered your own question. It's a seven string bass.

F#BEADGC

Would that be correct?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by TheAbsentOne
You're absolutely right, I actually did not notice, I thought it was six-string.
Nevertheless, just extended range bass

huh, ok, i was just confused cuz of it has seven strings and they were saying it was a "bass/guitar hybrid" or something, idk...
Quote by bingeandletgo
Its a six string bass?

was beat to it.

weird non the less.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Last edited by Crohny at Dec 28, 2009,
Why should car shows have all the fun with their flashy futuristic prototypes? With that in mind, Ibanez-the pioneer in solid body electric 7- and 8-string guitars–has brought this very different 7-string “Electric Bass/Electric Guitar” hybrid for your enjoyment, review and input here at the NAMM Show. Unlike previous bass hybrids like the old six-string basses of yesteryear, which featured tuning in the same E-A-D-G-B-E intervals as a guitar, the SRVIISC combines lower strings of the contemporary 6-string bass, B-E-A-D-G-C and adds a high E 7th string. With this tuning, the SR7VIISC can be played as standard bass, but also allows forays into lead guitar territories for the adventurous bassist.

The 30 inch short scale allows the instrument to be played as a guitar while still maintaining the necessary tension for a bass. The string spacing is 11mm, slightly wider than a guitar but much narrower than a bass, which allows for playing chords in a guitar-like fashion, but does not work as well for slapping or finger picking. The pickups work as standard bass models, but the bridge pickup has two single coils connected in series, which can simulate a guitar lead humbucker. As with many other Ibanez basses, the SR7VIISC features the tonally versatile Ibanez Vari-Mid eq.

I think Ibanez did a pretty good job explaining right there on their website.
Quote by Swannie
huh, ok, i was just confused cuz of it has seven strings and they were saying it was a "bass/guitar hybrid" or something, idk...

Yeah, I just read that through the link you sent..
That seems like just another marketing ploy to me, haha.
A guitar/bass hybrid? How it says you can play it as a standard bass, yet have ability to be a lead guitarist with it?
A little confused by how they word it to be honest...
To me though, just seems like a 7-string bass.
Thank you Ibanez for confusing the hell out of us.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Why should car shows have all the fun with their flashy futuristic prototypes? With that in mind, Ibanez-the pioneer in solid body electric 7- and 8-string guitars–has brought this very different 7-string “Electric Bass/Electric Guitar” hybrid for your enjoyment, review and input here at the NAMM Show. Unlike previous bass hybrids like the old six-string basses of yesteryear, which featured tuning in the same E-A-D-G-B-E intervals as a guitar, the SRVIISC combines lower strings of the contemporary 6-string bass, B-E-A-D-G-C and adds a high E 7th string. With this tuning, the SR7VIISC can be played as standard bass, but also allows forays into lead guitar territories for the adventurous bassist.

The 30 inch short scale allows the instrument to be played as a guitar while still maintaining the necessary tension for a bass. The string spacing is 11mm, slightly wider than a guitar but much narrower than a bass, which allows for playing chords in a guitar-like fashion, but does not work as well for slapping or finger picking. The pickups work as standard bass models, but the bridge pickup has two single coils connected in series, which can simulate a guitar lead humbucker. As with many other Ibanez basses, the SR7VIISC features the tonally versatile Ibanez Vari-Mid eq.

I think Ibanez did a pretty good job explaining right there on their website.

When I read all of that I was, honestly, confused. I don't fully understand it.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
It's in B tuning I think but the 7th string added is a high E.. so I think it's just a 6 string bass with an added high string.

Oh.. I get it.
Oh BTW you listen to pretty killer stuff
Friend me on Last?
That would be great for harmonizing with a guitarist or a solo bass piece.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
it`s because all the metalhead guitarists want to tune to extreme lows, that they need a bass to follow suite so it sits in the mix properly. thus the rg2228 and this bass.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
it`s because all the metalhead guitarists want to tune to extreme lows, that they need a bass to follow suite so it sits in the mix properly. thus the rg2228 and this bass.

Lulz, youz is rong. This bass is to tune highhhhh,
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...