Okay so i just got this sick pedal its pretty amazing i havent stopped using it all day =p=p but ive run into a few problems sorta, when i run the jamman straight into my amp (Vox Valvetronix 50w 2 speakers) without any distortion pedals and set it to my favorite built in distortion (Nu Metal) the quality is almost perfect, but the overdubs tend to drown out eachother most of the time, so i tried using my amp as an effect pedal thingy and put it in front of my jamman so the amp distortion is just going straight into the pedal, then i ran the output into my stereo so i basically used my amp as a giant effect pedal....and when i did this everything sounded absolutley perfect no drowning no nothing amazing amazing amazing amazing overdub on top of over dub on top of overdub sounded amazing!..except that i dont want to be using my stereo to play all the time.. so i was thinking would it be the same quality if i got a distorion pedal and ran it before the jamman?? or is it somthing else that is causing the drowning when i just run the jamman straight to my amp? im thinking about buying the MXR Fullbore Metal distortion pedal to run into my jamman will this solve all my problems? the Jamman is a really amazing piece of equipment and i want to use it to its full potential i would love any help <3
Last edited by hxckid666 at Dec 28, 2009,
sorry to bust your bubble man but i have the jammman also and i think it is the most complicated piece of metal ive ever bought. i remember i could never get it to sound right without havinbg to buy a million other effect pedals, and you can only use individual sections of it at a time
You must put your distortion in front of the Jamman. Do it however you want but putting it behind the Jamman results in the horrible mess (drowning) you described.
Quote by fly135
You must put your distortion in front of the Jamman. Do it however you want but putting it behind the Jamman results in the horrible mess (drowning) you described.

Thank you so much man thats what i wanted to hear =]]
Quote by elmeistro55
sorry to bust your bubble man but i have the jammman also and i think it is the most complicated piece of metal ive ever bought. i remember i could never get it to sound right without havinbg to buy a million other effect pedals, and you can only use individual sections of it at a time

Then you were most certainly doing it wrong. The Jamman is easy to use and sounds great, not complicated at all IMO.
If you're using the amps distortion, you'll need to put the Jamman in the effects loop, if your amp has one.