what kind of metal? you can get some pretty some good classic metal (maiden, sabbath, judas priest, etc.) tones out of it, but don't expect to get any kind of megadeth, metallica, necrophagist, etc. extreme gain tones out of it.
Well I'm sure you could beef one up with the right pedals, but IMO you can find a much better amp for the price that would suit you better.

What genres do you play?
Budget?
Gigging?
Nearest major city?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Dec 28, 2009,
I wouldn't buy it for metal. Like Shinysides said, it might do some classic stuff like Sabbath well but that's about it.

When gainy/cranked it's drive has fuzz-like qualitys and even with a boost wouldn't sound very tight, unless your into Slipknot kinda tones.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
With mid- to high-output pickups (see: my guitars) and a nice overdrive (I was using a Tubescreamer with the drive and level maxed), you can actually get a usable metal tone. It's more suited towards rhythm though - I had no issues with the chugga chugga but leads were lacking a little bit. The tone was dark and crunchy so if you're into that, go for it.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard