Hey,

I just got a crybaby original and the crybaby itselfs great. I daisy chained it through my line6 floor pod and into my laney linebacker 100. It sounded really sharp and horrible. Is there a good overdrive pedal I could get or do I need a new amp?
Is it in the effects loop of the POD or in between the POD and amp? I'm confused.
My Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Paul Allender
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Damage Control Demonizer Distortion/Preamp
I have the same problem when I run my Crybaby Classic through the effects loop with other pedals on my HRD. Very shrill and trebly and to be honest I think its the wah. Its a very basic cheap wah, it's not going to sound top notch. I plan on upgrading to a better quality wah soon to solve this.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Dec 28, 2009,
I don't think its the Wah. I think it has to do with the order your effects board processes it in. I mean, you would want to add distortion and such before a Wah, not after.

Try putting it straight between the effects board and amp rather than in the effects loop and see if it helps.
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Quote by insatyrguitar
I don't think its the Wah. I think it has to do with the order your effects board processes it in. I mean, you would want to add distortion and such before a Wah, not after.

Try putting it straight between the effects board and amp rather than in the effects loop and see if it helps.

A wah should be the first thing in your chain of effects. Otherwise, it almost acts a volume pedal.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Otherwise, it almost acts a volume pedal.

It's a filter that sweeps the peak frequency, so... not really. It's going to make certain elements comparatively quieter or louder no matter where you put it in your chain, but that's what its supposed to do.

The OP's crybaby sounds great by itself but only trebly and harsh when used in combination with their multi-effects pedal so it just makes sense that the crybaby alone is not to blame because "its a very basic, cheap wah".
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
so are there any overdrive stompbox type things you would suggest. I'm into a lot of Slash, Hendrix, all sorts.
Hey,

Just tried putting the crybaby wired first in the signal chain. Works a treat now!!! It now actually cries like a baby rather than screaming at me!

Cheers for your advice, it really helped,
whammykid2000