Saw this in another forum and thought the pit might like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNzrwh2Z2hQ&feature=player_embedded

All the chart toppers autotuned and arranged to form one big song that fits together quite well.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Pretty cool so far. Before a bunch of people start bashing pop I just want to say I think this could be done with just about any music if it's autotuned to the same key.
Quote by GerGuam
Pretty cool so far. Before a bunch of people start bashing pop I just want to say I think this could be done with just about any music if it's autotuned to the same key.

Winnar.

Metal is also interchangeable.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by GerGuam

I guess some death metal or metalcore might be able to be merged like that, but the auto-tune would sound so weird.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Well, actually any music can be interchangeable that way...

I thought it was pretty cool.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by hugh20
I guess some death metal or metalcore might be able to be merged like that, but the auto-tune would sound so weird.

I'm sure you could find enough songs in E or D minor so you wouldn't have to autotune metal...
I've seen something like this, its called the 'Four Chords Song' by Axis Of Awesome. That was pretty cool.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
I heard a very good comment the other day from a DJ, something along the lines of:
Imagine bringing someone from 1960 and showing him the music of 1970, the long haired hippies etc, he'd be shocked. Similarly someone from 1970 would see a huge difference between that and the punk rock of 1980s. Someone from 1980 would never have conceived the grunge of the early 90s. However if you take someone from 1990 and show him/her the music of 2009 they wouldn't be surprised in the least, very little has changed.

However, there are some exceptions, some pop music can be really good, for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY4IBVolt2w&feature=related
We need more musicians like that.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by mario61
I've seen something like this, its called the 'Four Chords Song' by Axis Of Awesome. That was pretty cool.

Yeah that was pretty cool but this thing's so much cooler. The effort it musta took.
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
Quote by mario61

Ive seen that too. I think it illustrates TS's point about it all being interchangeable better
Nobody disses Pitbull!
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by breadstick
Winnar.

Metal is also interchangeable.

I doubt it, there's not as much space as in pop or hip hop. If you tried mixing multiple songs together it'd sound like a fucking mess.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I heard a very good comment the other day from a DJ, something along the lines of:
Imagine bringing someone from 1960 and showing him the music of 1970, the long haired hippies etc, he'd be shocked. Similarly someone from 1970 would see a huge difference between that and the punk rock of 1980s. Someone from 1980 would never have conceived the grunge of the early 90s. However if you take someone from 1990 and show him/her the music of 2009 they wouldn't be surprised in the least, very little has changed.

However, there are some exceptions, some pop music can be really good, for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY4IBVolt2w&feature=related
We need more musicians like that.

DAMIEN RICE! I love the guy... though I like O way more than 9. And his move to break up his partnership with Lisa wasn't that great. Oh, and Rootless Tree @ the Abbey is also amazing.

I don't think pop necessarily is bad. It's just we hear the most popular, and thus the most easily accessible songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xyGOeG8vdo

She's pop but is a pretty decent artist.

Btw, isn't damien rice more rooted in folk than pop?
Quote by Limaj_daas

Btw, isn't damien rice more rooted in folk than pop?

Probably should have qualified that I meant pop as in popular, not pop as in the genre.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington