Hey whats up guys, I got a new song called Bright Eyes right now it stands as a rough demo ... Before i start overhaul it [which includes an upgrade in recording gear] I would appreciate your honesty ... It's on my profile
here's a link to it
Bright Eyes
By the C4C so enjoy
Last edited by renk at Dec 29, 2009,
Thanks for the crit!

I like the sound of the drums, the highhat was quite a bit louder to the rest of the mix (Sounds maybe like fruityloops?)... It's def. a really strange song haha. I'm unable to pull vocal melody from it, or for that fact any real rhythm haha. If I were you, I'd practice with a metronome a little bit more, overall the recording sounds alright for what you're using (I'm sure it's some digital amp, maybe like a 20$ mic, audacity)

Keep working at it man!
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
haha you're pretty spot on about the mic .. I'm actually trying to get away from audacity but right now I run both my git and mic through my RP500 so it's a bit more convenient until my pre amp arrives ...

the drums is actually from ezdrummer ...

IDK i'm thinking about completely overhauling it [drums] since it throws the timing of everything off and doesn't quite fit in as nicely as I would like it too .... I actually redid the vocals on this because there were certain spots in the 1st verse and 1st chorus where the tone is off but the input plate jack on my guitar broke that's why there's all the static [and why i haven't posted the new version] ... other than that i'm not getting your lack of vocal melody or rhythem since its based around the rhythem of the rhythem guitar
That was funny, it reminds me of Sexy Trash by Electric Six!

At 0:44, I don't like the drums I think it could have been more catchy

The voice is funny. But yeah the sound quality for the vocals are pretty bad

I like the part at 3:34.

The overall is very psychedelic, that's cool

Would you mind checking mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1252282
Hey mate thanks for the crit.

I thought that a definite rhythm is a must for this track. The sound quality is good, although I can hear it peaking on the vocals, but it just really needs to be pulled together by the balls by a solid rhythm. The abstract vibe can still be kept but a little more solidity would make all the difference.

Some dissonance can be used very well, but harmony is always going to be more pleasant on the ears, combined with a stronger rhythm this could be pulled together somewhat.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
That thing is really weird! I like it.
It's really weird, never heard something like it. I don't agree with taking the drums away, I really like them.
I do agree about the mic quality, but that's unrelated to your skills.

The guitars at 5:00. Some crazy stuff.

Care to critic mine? Thanks!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1254014
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Hot Pants
Hey mate thanks for the crit.

I thought that a definite rhythm is a must for this track. The sound quality is good, although I can hear it peaking on the vocals, but it just really needs to be pulled together by the balls by a solid rhythm. The abstract vibe can still be kept but a little more solidity would make all the difference.

Some dissonance can be used very well, but harmony is always going to be more pleasant on the ears, combined with a stronger rhythm this could be pulled together somewhat.

Yeah you're actually pretty spot on with the rhythem part ... right now the whole sound hinges on a strong bass and drum section and right now I don't have the programming skill to produce it .... which is why I'm contemplating to instead go the route of creating beats for my future tracks