I can't imagine that thing sounding good.

But I don't think you can do that, the difference in tension will be to much and the neck will cause problems.
it will effect the tension on the neck removing strings.........not a good idea, keep it as a 12 string.....
In this case playing a 12 string is exactly like a 6 just more resonating notes. Tune it EeAaDdGg, ect, ect, or however you like. It could possibly open up a variety of playing style variations and new tones.
To answer your question, no you can't take off the other strings it would seriously mess it up, but you can tune it to play like a 6 stringer too.
Quote by Antis0cial
I can't imagine that thing sounding good.

But I don't think you can do that, the difference in tension will be to much and the neck will cause problems.

listen with your ears, not your eyes. Those are pretty good guitars, but only if you play standing up.

And yeah, you could take those extra strings off and play it as a 6 string but be warned that you may need to do some major adjustments - it won't be something you'll be able to switch between easily without experiencing some quite annoying setup problems. Not very interchangeable between 6-string and 12-string.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.