Page 1 of 3
so im in minnesota now (havent posted cause of that) and im most likely staying here for awhile.

awhile ago my girlfriend thought she was pregnant, but she took some tests and they were negative. its about the five month mark if she is now, and her hips are wide and still has symptoms etc. plus shes talked to some people and they say she is.

shes going to the doctor to check and i dont care if theres a kid (im ready for it, i mean i can handle being a parent)

but im worried about her parents.

her mom likes me, and i just got done working on a truck with her old man yesterday (got to know him he thinks im a nice kid)

and i know there probably gonna kill me if they find out.

are there any suggestions on how me and my girlfriend can tell them without me having to run for my life?

we found this out before christmas and i wanted to go "merry christmas i knocked up your daughter" but yea it wouldnt of been fun only joking.

seriously though how should we tell them? or should i be out of sight when they find out?
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
so your not certain if shes pregnant or not???
and at 5 months it should be pretty noticable

I'd advise something like this:

"Hi, girlfriend's dad. Remember how the two of us were all over that trucks chassis? Well..."

or

"Hi, girlfriend's dad. I came all over your daughter's cervix, and now she's pregnant."
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
How long have you been her boyfriend?

we've known each other for 4 years but we've been going out for about a year now. (we technically went out for two and a half years but we broke up due to age/location.) but things got better and i got money and all that so we were able to be together again (i can travel and stay in her state now)

Quote by metal_al73
so your not certain if shes pregnant or not???
and at 5 months it should be pretty noticable

we're pretty sure now, but shes going to the doctor so we can be 100% sure.

and yea it is noticeable. her hips are alot wider then before and her stomach is bigger (and firmer) and she asked her friend who has three kids about symptoms and shes had them all at the right times and everything.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
You claim you are old enough to be a parent yet lack the kahunas to tell her parents. That's the easiest part of parenthood.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by k-train
we've known each other for 4 years but we've been going out for about a year now. (we technically went out for two and a half years but we broke up due to age/location.) but things got better and i got money and all that so we were able to be together again (i can travel and stay in her state now)

we're pretty sure now, but shes going to the doctor so we can be 100% sure.

and yea it is noticeable. her hips are alot wider then before and her stomach is bigger (and firmer) and she asked her friend who has three kids about symptoms and shes had them all at the right times and everything.

I don't really see any rational reason why they'd be mad at you then if you have a pretty stable relationship.
Just tell them, you wuss!!

Be a man, they won't kill you, unless they want their grandchild to grow up without a father.

Which they will most likely want...
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Quote by toine
how old are you and your gf?

im 18 and shes 19, in march it'll be 19 and 20
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train
im 18 and shes 19, in march it'll be 19 and 20

well unless you want to end your life as you know it, get an abortion(if it's not too late) and buy some ****ing condoms kid! I highly doubt that the baby will have a happy life if you go trough with it.
Quote by Jackal58
You claim you are old enough to be a parent yet lack the kahunas to tell her parents. That's the easiest part of parenthood.

no its not that it more or less that i dont want it blown out of proportion (i want it to go as easy as possible)

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
I don't really see any rational reason why they'd be mad at you then if you have a pretty stable relationship.

im just a little on edge about it. her mom will be fine with it but her dad might take the news differently lol
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
If you think you are ready to raise a child, but you don't even have the balls to tell the parents.

And come here on the Pit asking a bunch of adolescent pitmonkeys what you should do.

You are definitely not ready yet
I'm sure they'd have more respect for you if you maned up and told them to their faces.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by toine
well unless you want to end your life as you know it, get an abortion(if it's not too late) and buy some ****ing condoms kid! I highly doubt that the baby will have a happy life if you go trough with it.

i dont believe in abortion and my girlfriend doesnt either

and we used one but it broke i think.

and the thing is, if i end up a father ill just deal with it. thats life. ill give it the best life i possibly can and i'll stick with my morals that family comes first.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
If you're not ready to man up and tell them, you're not ready to man up and have a child.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by toine

although crudely put, he does raise a good point, bear in mind your window for abortion is closing rapidly.

i think there is very little you can do to soften the blow when it comes to telling them. just appear mature and ready to handle this, even if you can't.
Quote by Antis0cial
If you think you are ready to raise a child, but you don't even have the balls to tell the parents.

And come here on the Pit asking a bunch of adolescent pitmonkeys what you should do.

You are definitely not ready yet

i do have the balls to tell them its just i dont know how i should.

and i actually just posted it here for laughs/ maybe one or two ideas/ im bored and havent posted in awhile.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train

THat's why the pill is better.
can't break.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by k-train
i dont believe in abortion and my girlfriend doesnt either

and the thing is, if i end up a father ill just deal with it. thats life. ill give it the best life i possibly can and i'll stick with my morals that family comes first.

who cares if it's not you religion
think rational
sounds to me you don't even have a steady job or enough money to support a child
and since you are teenagers i highly doubt you will be together evah
but hey if you didn't have a dream in your life then go ahead! have a child

just my opinion
Quote by Adamtbh
although crudely put, he does raise a good point, bear in mind your window for abortion is closing rapidly.

i think there is very little you can do to soften the blow when it comes to telling them. just appear mature and ready to handle this, even if you can't.

i know but like i said neither of us believe in abortion.

and i am going to be mature about it. i mean, i grew up in pennsylvania and im moving to minnesota. i could just leave and never show up again if i wanted to, but im not. im going to be a real man and raise the kid like i should.

i always said if it came down to it i would drop what im doing if i ended up with a kid. i helped make it, i gotta raise it.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
What do you mean how to tell them? You open your mouth and say it. There is no other way. You can learn sign launguage or write it on a card and send it to them but I doubt her parents will like that more.

And there is nothing funny about this, you can make some bad puns but if you knocked up your girlfriend at your 18th and you think you are ready. People are gonna comment it.
Quote by Jackal58

I'd listen to this guy.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
It's never too late for self-abortion:
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
I hate to be the one to point this out.. but there is no easy way of telling your girlfriends parents that their little baby (which is how they still think of her, almost no doubt) is pregnant.

So, with that, good luck!
Quote by Toolshed#9
It's never too late for self-abortion:

he should give his gf one for newyear
well seems like i cant even get a few laughs from the damn pit. thats a first.

this thread isnt about "what to do about my gf being pregnant"

its about "how should i tell her parents"

can we stick to the damn question? i know your mostly immature 14-18 year olds but c'mon.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train
well seems like i cant even get a few laughs from the damn pit. thats a first.

this thread isnt about "what to do about my gf being pregnant"

its about "how should i tell her parents"

can we stick to the damn question? i know your mostly immature 14-18 year olds but c'mon.

OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SAY IT

goddamn, there is no easy way to tell his. Her parents gonna be angry/upset. You knocked up their 19 year old daughter. No matter how you putit, you're gonna be in a lot of shit
Quote by k-train
we found this out before christmas and i wanted to go "merry christmas i knocked up your daughter" but yea it wouldnt of been fun only joking.

i believe you started with the lame jokes
Last edited by toine at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by toine

he should give his gf one for newyear

but he gave his girlfriend one 5 months ago and look how that ended.
Quote by toine
i believe you started with the lame jokes

hey, mind as well. i dont mind joking around but at least answer my question you know?

Quote by Antis0cial
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SAY IT

goddamn, there is no easy way to tell his. Her parents gonna be angry/upset. You knocked up their 19 year old daughter. No matter how you putit, you're gonna be in a lot of shit

thats the kind of answer i was looking for.

not "lolz get abortion" or "your not ready"

i was just looking to see if anyone had a idea of how i could say it and it not be as bad (like catch them in a good mood or something)
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Last edited by k-train at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by k-train

i was just looking to see if anyone had a idea of how i could say it and it not be as bad (like catch them in a good mood or something)

you should go : ' Who wants a grandchild?'
edit: or call them mom and dad already.

or ask if they know where baby's come from.
Last edited by toine at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by k-train

hmm...well you could invite them round for dinner and spell out "i knocked up your daughter and now she's pregnant" in alphabetty-spaghetti.

but yeh your rather ****ed, although tbh i think parents react rather badly no matter how old the daughter is. I mean if your a dad and some punk comes up to your door and goes "hey mate, you know your pride and joy, your lovely, beautiful, sweet baby girl who you cherish? yeh well, long story short, she sucked my doodle for a bit, then we got it on, and then i rode your daughter, then i came in her and now she's pregnant ". Personally i wouldn't react well.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by toine

Not necessarily.
Just be like "Your daughter didn't let me put it in her ass so now she's all knocked up "
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
or say "you know when your daughter was a little girl, you know she was always good at that game where you slot the shapes into the hole, well i'm good at it too "
Quote by Todd Hart
or say "you know when your daughter was a little girl, you know she was always good at that game where you slot the shapes into the hole, well i'm good at it too "

would that be a cheezy pickup line to?

rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by diminishedtobme
Take them to a public place and break the news there.

The only other option is a shotgun wedding.

well they are ok with me marrying her so yea, on the plus side in a public place they might not be as loud about it XD
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Get the child. No reason to for abortion, you're not going anywhere, and it will only stabilise your relationship further (assuming you play your cards right). Let the mother talk to the father.
Page 1 of 3