my soloing is better when i sit down only sometimes i just want to stand up but de solos are much harder then. do you guys have any tips? and what do you preffer sit or stand?
Just make sure you guitar isn't hanging to low. Other then that just practise playing standing.

I prefer sitting too, but can do both properly
Quote by Antis0cial
Just make sure you guitar isn't hanging to low. Other then that just practise playing standing.

I prefer sitting too, but can do both properly

thanks
Most people will find that playing while sitting down is an easier task. Which is why a person should attempt to play standing up moving around often. You want to be able to do both equally well, so divide your time accordingly.

I prefer sitting cause it's easier, but it is a lot funner to play standing up. If you are having trouble playing while standing up you may have your guitar too low, if not then all you ned is more practice.
I think I experience that too. If I stand, it's not only fairly more difficult but it also strains my wrist quicker. But since I prefer standing (simply for 'rocking out in the room by myself' purpose), I always try to spend more time practicing on foot. I only sit when I'm tired, plain lazy, or need to really focus on some new licks. So, yup, it comes with practice. And don't let your guitar hang low (which looks cool, but doesn't compensate for bad soloing!). If hanging it low seems important to you, start with your guitar up high and lower it bit by bit as you get better at it, more confident and most importantly, more comfortable.
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
For some reason, I can't get comfortable sitting and playing an electric, and I can't get comfortable standing and playing an acoustic. So I always practice acoustic sitting down and electric standing up.
Quote by Commodor 64
For some reason, I can't get comfortable sitting and playing an electric, and I can't get comfortable standing and playing an acoustic. So I always practice acoustic sitting down and electric standing up.

i have this some thing
i can play songs on my electric like perfectly standing but sitting i cant (not saying that i cant play them, just seems way easier standing...)

and on my acoustic is the opposite

ehhh i would probably do what during a live show too stand for the electric and sit for the acoustic...

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Your guitar should be the same height as it is when you are sitting down when you play standing up, maybe a tiny bit lower.
Not many sit-down gigs out there, at least if you play electric. So standing up obviously. I'd go so far as to say that if you can't play it standing up, in between sips of beer, you can't play it
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
I learned to play standing. I can play sitting but the guitar needs to be hanging on a strap. I never learned to play a guitar w/o a strap.
same situation for me... I play better sitting... but just recently that Im starting to familiarizing my fingers to play standing... and I set my guitar at medium low height....

I think its Improving... no other way to do it I suppose... Practice Makes Perfect...
Practice standing, that way it's harder but you get better. Practice your solos slowly at first. Just... make sure you have a strap.
Learn how to play standing or bring a chair to all your gigs. Wait there wont be any gigs for someone who cant play standing up. Practice Practice Practice..
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
All you really need to do it raise your guitar strap. It may look cool to look like a punk playing guitar but its not very efficent. the reason why sitting is easier is casue your guitar is closer to you and you don't have to strain to play the notes you have more movement. so raise you strap up or if you insisting on looking cool practice.
Quote by Commodor 64

Yep, you and me both.