So i want a new amp to replace my peavy audition because its not very good lol.

Im afraid i dont know much about amps but i know i want a tube amp. I play mostly in my bedroom but also jam with a drummer and am thinking about starting up a band so something loud enough but not too loud. I play anything from blues to metal but mainly ACDC guns n roses metallica stuff.
My budget is about £400
Quote by Wiintruder
willing to go used?

hm i would rather not but if its a good deal i would
Quote by britishsligean
marshall ma 50 combo may be worth a look at or look at a used marshall dsl401

i play alot of metal are these high gain enough?
Quote by Tedis1111
i play alot of metal are these high gain enough?

the dsl401 can do metal, as for the ma a good overdrive pedal will get it into metal territry
Quote by britishsligean
the dsl401 can do metal, as for the ma a good overdrive pedal will get it into metal territry
Even then, I would still use an overdrive with the DSL to tighten up the sound.
I would also second the dsl401. I'm still kicking myself for not buying one when I had the chance.

Current Gear

Gibson Flying V
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Jackson Professional Dinky
Fender Blues Deluxe
Vox Vt30

Mad Effects
http://www.valvepower.co.uk/

if you play mainly ac/dc, guns n roses, and by metallica you mean early metallica, and are willing to use an OD as a boost.

you'd need a separate cab, you should be able to get one for ~£100, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?