I've been a guitarist for a few years and I recently made the switch to being a bassist (picked up a Ibanez GSR200 and a Acoustic B200 after Christmas)

In these past few days I've learned 4 songs:

Cute without the E - Taking Back Sunday
Beast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold
Burn it Down - "
Blinded in Chains - "

I practice a lot, but I feel as though I'm still working towards being a guitarist and less a bass player (I use a pick, which I probably why I feel this way)

I'm working on slap/pop right now, and its slowly working, but is there any other things that I can do to make my bass playing feel more like bass playing?

I'm sorry if my question is hard to understand, I really don't even understand what I expect to get for answers.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
im in the same situation i feel that learning to use your fingers to play songs of different genres helps even if the style of music you play typically requires a bass player to use a pick.
Quote by sbinlb
im in the same situation i feel that learning to use your fingers to play songs of different genres helps even if the style of music you play typically requires a bass player to use a pick.

Oh, that makes perfect sense.

Thanks
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
You're in the same situation as every guitarist who switched, only you recognise the problem.
Well done.

I suggest starting out with finger style. Maybe spend a month or two playing a genre you aren't familiar with just to get into the mindset of it being a completely different instrument.
You are where I was a few years back. A few bits of advice.

1. Start with fingerstyle. It will push your mind towards treating bass as a different instrument. If you've ever played guitar travis style picking or classical watch the position of your plucking hand. Its different on bass and should be more perpendicular to the strings.

2. Get a metronome and use it, even when practicing simple songs and scales. As guitarists, we're sloppy and loose with the beat, you can't afford this habit as a bass player.

3. Start listening to the drums when you play with songs and ignore the rest of the instruments. You need to learn to react and lock with your brethren in the rhythm section.

4. Invest in a good strap. You can't use your old guitar strap for long. Believe me, your back is thanking me as you read this.

5. Watch the thumb on the neck. You need to place it behind the neck as a pivot for the other four fingers when fretting. It feels awkward at first but helps in the long run. Keep your elbow of your fretting arm closer to your body than when you play guitar.

6. Scales are your friend. They help you build strength and flexibility and develop your ear as a bass player.

7. Start slow. Speed is a by product of accuracy and good tone. It doesn't mean anything if you can play fast and it sounds like shite.

8. And remember, the people don't dance to guitar solos