Page 1 of 4
Personally, I don't let my parents know much about my life. They know the names of my friends, but if I get a girlfriend, I don't really tell them. I also don't tell them about smoking weed, and things of that nature, because that would just be ackward. However, some people let their parents know everything, and they're just much more open about it.

So Pit, how much of your life do your parents know about?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I'm kind of open, I tell them about whatever happened at school when I get home, and some other stuff, but I don't tell them about my girlfriend. Of course they kind of figured that out when my texting sky rocketed from 20 texts per month to 1000 per week. Thank God I have unlimited texting.
Both of my parents know me as a person really well and they know about the general aspects of my life and whats going on with me. My dad and I are freakishly close though, he knows just about every detail of my life.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Nothing, really.
Dad still thinks I'm a virgin :/, mom knows better...
Mom knows more, though ( drinking in college parties, etc ).
I still minimize Facebook when either of em walk in.
American Strat
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Me and you are basically the same. I could tell them, but it's just annoying. Plus my mom would occasionally steal my phone and look at my texts. Bitch
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
Quote by JWD32792
Both of my parents know me as a person really well and they know about the general aspects of my life and whats going on with me. My dad and I are freakishly close though, he knows just about every detail of my life.

That's really cool, I wish I could be that close with my parents
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I don't tell them much to be honset, I talk to both of them, especially my Mom, but I don't share too much. We tend to differ on a lot of view points, so sometimes it's just easier to keep my mouth zipped.
I'm going to be the angsty teen here for just one second and say that I don't tell them much because they annoy the hell out of me when I do. If I give them just one drop of information on my life they interrogate me for at least a weak.

/angst
They know nothing, and if they ask I say "why are you so curious?" and walk away. I'm not close to them at all and I am happy with it.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
I am not really close with my parents, but I am with my sister.
I don't talk with my mum too much, and I don't see my dad very often.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by cornmancer
I'm going to be the angsty teen here for just one second and say that I don't tell them much because they annoy the hell out of me when I do. If I give them just one drop of information on my life they interrogate me for at least a weak.

/angst

mine too!

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by cornmancer

/angst

This.
I don't tell them anything lol.

If I did, they'd question me for another twelve years and constantly want to know what I'm doing.

I prefer to be left alone and work things out myself.

I do have a friend though who has his dad taking the piss out of him for licking out his girlfriend :/..... asking what it tastes like etc :/
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Dec 28, 2009,
They basicly know what I'm up to but they don't know any details. Like they know when I'm going to go out drinking, but they don't know how much or the stupid stuff I get up to.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
I wish I could be open with my parents, but if I told them things that I did they'd probably lock me up in chains in my basement. Asian parents FTL!
I hardly share anything personal with my parents, especially not my father, because I know he would judge me rather than accepting the decisions I make, and I have enough people doing that already.

My parents are vaguely aware that they have a son who plays a bit of guitar.
I don't tell them anything, I mean yeah I'll tell them about some of my friends, but I don't tell them about my female friends because they'll think I'm going out with her and will randomly just mention her name whenever I walk in the room. So i just don't tell them anything, not the way I feel blah
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
They know about my girlfriend, although they haven't met her (and I'm trying to keep it that way for as long as possible!). I'm not sure whether they think I'm a virgin or not: but I definitely wouldn't discuss my sex life with them, simply because it would be too embarrassing. They let me drink at home, and they're fine with me drinking at parties as long as I don't come home absolutely trashed (sometimes I tell a little white lie about how much I've had, but generally there's no need), but really, as I'm 18 in a few months, you wouldn't expect them to be that uptight about it. They know that I have smoked in the past, but I haven't told them about my smoking, because I'm just an occassional smoker and it's easier just to say nothing.

I can talk to them about most things, but generally I try to avoid discussing every tiny detail of my life with them.
I'm very open with my dad, we've talked about a lot of stuff. Dating, booze, drugs, philosophy, religion and the lot. I'm very fond of him, as he is of me. My relationship with my mom is a lot more closed.
...marmalade is my jam.
I feel really awkward (yes!) discussing anything with my parents, especially stuff like girlfriends, drinking ect. I'm really not close to my Dad at all and whenever we are alone he generally just watches the football while I sit bored, or I leave and do something else.

I can't really have a conversation with the guy, even about music because all he likes is 70s disco which I can't stand.

I can talk more with my mum but I dont really tell her any details.
/ends moan
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
my parents have no idea how much i drink
and i dont usually tell them when i have girlfriends but they somehow found out about my current relationship
i like distancing myself from everyone though so

i actually tell them how i think that weed is a bad bad drug so they wouldn't suspect me of smoking it

Altho i really love weed
My dad told me that because he never talked with his dad that I should not talk to him about stuff. Whatever, I have a therapist though.
Quote by fearofthemark
Personally, I don't let my parent know much about my life. She knows the names of my friends, but if I get a girlfriend, I don't really tell her. I also don't tell her about smoking weed, and things of that nature, because that would just be ackward. However, some people let their parents know everything, and they're just much more open about it.

Ill just use this as my own. With some minor modifications of course.
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
My dad is open to me drinking and dating, but my mom is open to weed. Fortunately they are separated so I can talk to my dad about some stuff without it going back to my mom since they havent said a word to each other is over 9 years. My parents together know almost everything about my life, but each one only knows half. Like my mom is open to weed so she knows I smoke, but my dad is against weed so he doesnt, but he knows I go to parties and get shitfaces from time to time.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
i dont tell them anything unless its extremely important
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
My parents find ways to turn every conversation into a nag/lecture session, so I stopped talking to them. They know like two of my friends and have no idea what kind of music I listen to even though music is basically my life. I love them, but they're not the greatest parents.
I always do stuff behind my mom's back, but I end up telling her about it later. Day to day, we don't have the best relationship as we argue constantly and can't seem to agree on anything. But I think when looking at the big picture, we really trust eachother, and I know I can tell her anything. She knows pretty much everything, just about. There's some stuff I haven't told her, but I don't think that I'll never tell her about it.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
My father died when I was 4 so me and my mother have become real close.

Like, really really, really, really, close. Some people find it weird.

Looking back now I've spent half my life playing a bit of the husband figure and she has played the father figure as well.
I'm pretty close to my parents, moreso with my mom I guess. They know I drink all the time and that I smoke weed in our garage, they've watched me do it and my dad ripped my bong one time I guess I'm fairly open with them, I don't really hide anything. although if they ask me who I'm talking to or texting or something I tell them to mind their own ****ing business.
Page 1 of 4