Right
I am a poor noob that is in need of dire help. For christmas i was given a westfield e1000 electric guitar and a stagg GA 10watt amp. I had no problems playing it at my grandmothers house until it was time to go home for new years. I took the amp and guitar home to find that it now doesn't work in any room of my house in any plug socket. The guitar is not being amplified by the amp. The amp can play mp3's from my ipod so I think that tells me that the amp is working. When i plug my lead into the amp it makes a weird buzzing sound and when i plug it into my westfield it doesnt make the usual crackle before an electric guitar is plugged into an amp. I think that tells me that either the guitar is the problem (which i doubt because it is brand new and only about 5days old) or the lead.
This is my first electric guitar and i know almost nothing on how it works or functions. All I know is that before at my grand ma's house it was working perfectly fine. The guitar was being amplified. But now it isnt
I need advice and help please
Do you have another cable to try?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Try different cables, and if that does nothing, try a different guitar.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
^^HURRAH, EN DANSKER!^^

Turn on the knobs, on the guitar. It might be a bad connection.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
I dont have another cable to try or guitar
Im dead scared that if i do open the guitar and check the jack i will not be able to put it back together
Do this simple test: plug just the cable into the amp, turn the amp up a reasonable amount, and tap your finger on the other end of the cable. You should hear the static change character when you do. If not, it's the amp or the cable. If you can hear it, it's probably the guitar.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
make sure your volume on the guitar and amp is turned up. i've made that mistake many times =)
Quote by ghostnineone
i got my guitar caught in my ceiling fan today

guitars fine though
Quote by emil_sej
Have you tried the volume knob on the guitar?

Yeah i turned all the knobs up to full volume
Is the volume on the amp up? lol

If it isn't crackling before you plug in the guitar, I'd hazard a guess that it's either a faulty cable or a loose input.
Quote by Even Bigger D
Do this simple test: plug just the cable into the amp, turn the amp up a reasonable amount, and tap your finger on the other end of the cable. You should hear the static change character when you do. If not, it's the amp or the cable. If you can hear it, it's probably the guitar.

Omgosh i did that and i cant hear any static change like you said
This means its probably the cable
Thanks everybody for the time and help
I'll go to a shop and get a new cable
I'm 95% certain now that its the cable
If not im doing a hendrix on my guitar and amp
Thanks again!