I need some resources to from where I can print these out. I know a good bit of the Pentatonic and Blues scales, and was wondering what are some more common scales that I should start learning so I can begin making some more of my own solos. Thanks!
Gear:
Alvarez Classical Guitar(don't know much about it).
Yamaha FG730S
Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry
Fender 25R Frontman Series II Combo
www.jguitar.com is a good website dealing with scales. It might be good not to just learn the scale patterns now, but also the theory behind them so that you can find out which notes are in what scale yourself. Lots of good lessons about that here on UG, I'll edit this post with some.

EDIT: Go to the 'columns' section of the website and search for 'ultimate', you will find the many chapters of ZeGuitarist's Ultimate guide to guitar. These are some great lessons, here's the one dealing with the major and minor scales: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_guide_to/the_ultimate_guide_to_guitar_chapter_ii_1_scales_-_diatonic_scales_in_theory.html

If it seems like alot in one go, don't be disheartened, alot of it consists of examples.
Last edited by Captain Panda at Dec 28, 2009,
unless u wanna be neo metal next new atrist. I would go pentatonic, blues, natural minor and major scale. U can go more than that but to me personally that's all you'll need. There is a lot there and they will keep u busy. take care
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Most everything can be covered by the major scale, its modes, the pentatonic scale and its modes, the harmonic minor scale, the two diminished scales, and the lydian dominant scale.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by TONEMELT
what are the modes of the pentatonic scales?

The most commonly used are the major and minor versions. The others are of somewhat limited utility, although they do occasionally make an appearance.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.