OK i cant order my 6505+ combo 112 becouse the shops in the nearby countries dont have it..

and the bogner alchemist combo is available to me NEW at really nice price which is like 800$(if im correct)

did anyone try it?is it good for Deftones,tool,inflames,killswitch,ratm etc stuff?
also is it too digital sounding?
Last edited by davor2705 at Dec 28, 2009,
Bogner, not bonger.
They are nice, expensive and hard to get a hold of.
That's all I know.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
It's a good amp, but it really won't do any kind of metal without a boost. Not digital sounding at all though.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ChucklesMginty
As above, but I have a heard they can be a little unreliable.

yes they are "china-made " i believe.but that dosent matter really the important thing is i get a good tone.
The only thing out of those it might be good for is Rage. It doesn't have enough gain/tightness for the others on its own.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
How about a Bugera 6262 or 6260 or the triple x clone.is it worth buying some of this stuff or should i wait until the 6505+ is avaliable?
I'd wait for the 6505 but the 6262 is a decent amp if you don't want to. Just make sure it has the warranty.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I Owned 1 You'll need a Boost for metal.....Change ot the Phase inverter It's a Med Gain 12AX7B it will help. The reason I let mine go the Cab rattled bad........Mine Could have just been a Bad one.
I don't know where people are getting the idea from that the Bogner Alchemist can't do Deftones? In Flames and Killswitch - maybe not, not without an overdrive pedal.

Let me find a clip on the net of a Bogner Alchemist.

It's not particularly digital sounding, no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNbwvGJg3qU

If this isn't metal, I don't know what is.

It's more of a Soldano crunch - tight. Not a Peavey 6505/ENGL Fireball saturated mush.

Stick a second-hand Fulltone OCD in front of it and you'll really drive it to fucking max.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I don't know where people are getting the idea from that the Bogner Alchemist can't do Deftones? In Flames and Killswitch - maybe not, not without an overdrive pedal.

I don't know how the tones in the second video were achieved. I spent literally an hour with the Alchemist at my local Best Buy, and I clearly remember it having even less gain than my Egnater. Maybe a tube change/front end boost? Regardless, it's a really nice amp.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
I played an Alchemist head through a Bogner 2x12 and it had plenty of gain as above the one you tried must have had dud tubes or something. Maybe not death metal but plenty for most modern metal styles especially in the mix with a band
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I played an Alchemist head through a Bogner 2x12 and it had plenty of gain as above the one you tried must have had dud tubes or something. Maybe not death metal but plenty for most modern metal styles especially in the mix with a band
Definitely in a band situation, the valves are working a lot harder and therefore clipping more. There are loads of clips online of people playing the Alchemist without a boost getting some nasty crunch tones.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Dec 28, 2009,
I tried out a Bogner Alchemist 112 at the store and loved it. For that price, I would really consider buying it. It had plenty of gain on tap - Might want a boost for KSE/In Flames, but give it a try.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
I tried out a Bogner Alchemist 112 at the store and loved it.

And you still got a Laney?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
And you still got a Laney?

The Alchemist was over-budget
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp