Just been browsing around and come across these... I know a lot of people love the Memory Man, I figure that because I don't use a lot of delay I could probably get away with one of the smaller ones, how do they go? Is there anything better in a similar price range (that doesn't have ridiculous shipping charges on it)?
The Malekko Ekko 616 is about £40 more expensive than the Memory Boy.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I'd love the Malekko, but it's a bit past my price range... Memory Boy prices are even pushing it a little (it'd cost about $145+AUD to buy it and get it here).
Quote by nightraven
more like 30 more expensive but it sounds like it's 80 more expensive because the memory boy and toy aren't that great

+1

They're great budget delays but the repeats are kind of 'dirty' sounding if you know what I mean.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Ahh okay... do you think they'd be okay for someone who only uses a minimal amount of delay, or should I save up my coins and go one better? I have a few other pedals I'm looking at right now so this one isn't overly important to go out and get one with the $$$ I have right now, but I go back to uni in 2 months so I have to be at least somewhat realistic.
What are you planning on using it for? If it's for spacey sounds and the like, I'd save up for the Malekko. If just for a bit of ambient noise while playing other stuff, the Memory Boy/Toy would be fine.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I play a lot of different things, but I like both making ambient noise and really spacey, trippy sounds... playing a lot of RHCP (Stadium Arcadium) at the moment, and stuff from Frusciante's 'The Empyrean', is that helps at all. I don't need anything too over the top (like U2 and such) but something to add to the ambience.
I'd save up for the Malekko then. But if you would rather not, the Memory Boy would likely work fine.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

id say for the price easily the memory boy. and you can use an expression pedal with it and make crazy sounds
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Hmm... might get the other things I was looking at and save up a bit later on for the Malekko, thanks guys.

On another note, have any of you had experience with the Marshall MC412 cabinets? They have 50W Celestion speakers in them, just found them online. Any good? I need a cab for my Bugera 333XL.
I think they're the same under sized particle board cabs as the MG series with better speakers. I'd just go ahead and get the Bugera cab, they sound pretty decent.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT