Hello,

I recently got a new Squier Jagmaster and everything works fine, the only problem is occasionally I get a crackle sound. It usually doesn't happen when I play single notes, but it happens often when I play percussive chord rhythym parts (like a reggae rhythym.) Sometimes it also crackles when I just tap my finger on the open high E string. At first I thought it was my amp going bad, but I've used different amps and cables and the crackle is still there.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Scott
Last edited by scott.flesch at Jan 9, 2010,
if it's the same thing i had with my squire it could be fixed one of 2 ways. tighten the little nut around the input jack or it could be a bad input jack.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Quote by matt s
if it's the same thing i had with my squire it could be fixed one of 2 ways. tighten the little nut around the input jack or it could be a bad input jack.

Yup this, happened with one of my Squires

or it might need grounding
Sounds about right, the crackle would be a break in the connection from the cable.
Good thinking
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
One thing that also causes it is pressure from your hand causing the string to hit the pole piece of the pickup. Get a lighter touch or lower the pickup if this is the case. I mute my strings fairly aggressively for clarity's sake and such and this used to happen to me.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to update this and let people know what was wrong in case someone else is having the same problem. It seems that the crackle was coming from static electricity build up on my pick-guard. I took a Bounce laundry sheet and rubbed it on my pick-guard and put a few small strips under the pick-guard and NO MORE CRACKLES!

I have never heard of this problem before, but I guess it can be common with new guitars, especially in cold weather with low humidity (I live in Chicago and it's January.)

Thanks for your suggestions guys, hope this thread helps someone out.