Hi people, I want to buy a new amp, but this amp will be like this...

-NO MODELER(I hate them)
-Cheap
-Low/mid/high EQ(if it can)
-Versatile
-Good sound

I play a lot of genres(from rock to metal but mostly rock)

so guys, what you got for me?

EDIT: My budget is $400
Last edited by Radiation23 at Dec 28, 2009,
Bugera V5 and get a Danelectro Fish 'n Chips EQ. I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a 5 watt tube amp with a 3 band EQ. It will all cost you under $200.

I don't really know of any solid state non modeling amps...

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
marshall class 5, it will need an overdrive pedal to get it playing metal, blackstar ht-5 has no eq on the clean chanel but you can use an eq pedal for that, it may need an overdrive pedal to get it to play heavy metal
i would suggest you look used for that price, you will not find anything decnt for that price that isn't a modeler
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Probably some kind of 5 watt tube amp, Blackstar HT-5, Blackheart Little Giant, Marshall class 5 etc.

I like the class 5 but you know where can I get it?
I find in MusiciansF and GuitarC and it isnt there
Quote by Radiation23
I like the class 5 but you know where can I get it?
I find in MusiciansF and GuitarC and it isnt there

i don't think it has reached america yet but it will be out of your budget it will be about $300-$400
damn...
where we were?
around $200 amp?
haha :$

EDIT: well...ok I'm on $400 again...you guys think I can get a used stack(or halfstack for that?)
It may not be readily available in the states yet, I don't know. Try Sam Ash, ZZSounds or Sweetwater.

It won't do metal. It's a bluesy sounding amp, not a tight metal monster, even with a pedal to boost it's gain. Maybe, just maybe, it'll cope with classic metal depending on your tastes.

You could also try and find a Blackstar HT-5 for $250 on the used market, but you may have to wait for a long time.

There are only solid state amps that have high-gain at that price, and they're normally modelling amps, too.
thanks lkngro, AngryGoldfish, ChucklesMginty and britishsligean...
well I hate modelers and I want a good amp so I think I'm gonna expand my budget again to $400 and look out for a halfstack
Quote by Radiation23
well I hate modelers and I want a good amp so I think I'm gonna expand my budget again to $400 and look out for a halfstack

$400 is a better budget, you still won't get a half stack but the choices of combo's that will do what you want to play is greatly increased
look at the blackheart handsome devil, peavey valveking 112 and bugera v22 you should be able to find a nearly new blackstar ht-5 easily
Last edited by britishsligean at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by Radiation23
$400 is a good budget. You have a solid second-hand market, and even a few from the new market, such as the Blackstar HT-5. Good luck.
I think a Bugera V22 will suit you well in this new budget.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees