yes guitar center will do it but they charge about $80 which is a rip off do it yourself and learn an essential technique of soldering, as for the amp it is a good amp

edit:when you buy pickups they come with easy to follow instructions, so you can do it yourself
I'm fairly sure they change pickups and it would probably cost $40-60 because the 81/85s are active pus
And yes its a good amp, but I don't think those Vypyr tube amps are really tube since I think they only have tubes in the power amp section, but nevertheless they are good
it depends on the guitar center. some have a shop in the store where a professional works on instruments. it can be kinda pricey tho theyll charge you like 40$ just to open it up and they more to do the actual labor. they can also get pretty busy from what ive seen.

if your payin that much for emgs find a guitar shop thatll do if for you for less and ave more time to work on your guitar instead of needing to get alot of work done
oooh, peaveys are good then?

Uhmm is soldering hard? from a rating of 1-10?

i also heard the new emg's have a quick wire? i think where you do not longer need to solder?
Quote by Imapinkboi
oooh, peaveys are good then?

Uhmm is soldering hard? from a rating of 1-10?

i also heard the new emg's have a quick wire? i think where you do not longer need to solder?

at first it is put you learn very quickly a good hour of practice and you will be soldering like a pro.
that is right but some soldering is required to wire the pickup selector into the circuit, i've seen the diagrams supplied and they appear vague on how to wire the switch into the circuit.
Last edited by britishsligean at Dec 28, 2009,
It's really easy to do by yourself, but the two Guitar Centers I go to do pickup installs for $50. Actually not too bad, GC has really backed off on their pricing lately, so much so that I haven't even had to haggle on anything, they're practically giving shit away
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ah, I don't want to do it my self, what if I screw up one wire? Do I have to buy a whole pickup again?
Quote by Imapinkboi
Ah, I don't want to do it my self, what if I screw up one wire? Do I have to buy a whole pickup again?

no you just desolder it and then put it in the right place
I personally dislike Vypyrs. Just me.

And yeah, GC does replace pick ups, but for two reasons you should do it yourself:

1. I wouldn't want anyone else to fiddle with my guitar, I hate other people I don't know touching it

2. You should learn to DIY. You don't want to have to shell out 50 bucks everytime you need a soldering job done, so just suck it up and learn how to do it. The first time is a pain in the ass, but after that you'll never have to worry about it when you are replacing pups or modding something.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
also with getting active pups, you need to install a new set of pots and a new jack (correct me if I'm wrong)
all in all good practise I would say, I have an old cheap ass tele that I may mod, i.e new electrics and pups ect . . . . that'll give me the knowledge of the inside of the guitar
I can already solder really dam well anyways :P
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
Quote by Rapter-paul
also with getting active pups, you need to install a new set of pots and a new jack (correct me if I'm wrong)
all in all good practise I would say, I have an old cheap ass tele that I may mod, i.e new electrics and pups ect . . . . that'll give me the knowledge of the inside of the guitar
I can already solder really dam well anyways :P

that's right but they atleast come with the pickups, ts you will have to buy a stereo output jack
I wanted to install a killswitch on my Epi SG and was going to pay my local shop to do it, but I buckled down and bought a soldering gun.

It does take a bit of practice, but once you get it, you've got it and can do all sorts of things (replace pickups, pots, make pedals, etc.)
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Arent the new EMG's solderless? just quick-connects? If so, you can't mess it up.
Jackson DXMG
Charvel
B-52 AT100
Marshall 1960A
Pedals and stuff
Quote by El-Gonado
Arent the new EMG's solderless? just quick-connects? If so, you can't mess it up.

the soldering as at a minimum yo still need to solder the switch in
I Don't Trust my local GC to change Strings.........
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's really easy to do by yourself, but the two Guitar Centers I go to do pickup installs for $50. Actually not too bad, GC has really backed off on their pricing lately, so much so that I haven't even had to haggle on anything, they're practically giving shit away

Recession panic FTW.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.