Right now Im using my ltd fx260 through a crate vfx5212. the sound im going for is newer Clutch or some government mule. basically a moderately distorted rock tone. but the dimebucker in a bright guitar through a bright amp makes for terrible sound, even with the presence @ 0 and treble @ 4-5.

im soon getting a schecter c-1 classic. its used and the passives have been replaced with dave mustaine live wires but i plan on putting in a SD sh-5 and '59. assuming my tone is still extremely bright, could i solve this by getting some warmer voiced speakers, or am i better off getting a different amp? thanks.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I'll give this a shot.

I don't know much about that amp but if it is not based on the Ampeg circuit then I'd get a new amp. New speakers are not really going to fix much.

If you get the C1 Classic, why would change those pups and do you have a budget for new pups, new guitar, new speakers and a new amp? I guess what I'm saying is we need some budget guidance and I suggest focusing on the amp first.

priorities - amp > guitar > pups > pedals > speakers

now, if we were talking about a Valveking the speaker would be at the top of the list.
i cant really budget for an amp. i couldnt afford a different one unless i were able to sell this one first. im eyeing some stuff on ebay and im thinking no more than $150 total on speakers, same for pups. already purchased the guitar.

the thing is i like actives, and of course ill have no choice but to try out the Dave Mustaine Live Wires, but for what i want from this guitar, it just seems like passives are the right choice. and i have no idea if the amp is based on the Ampeg circuit.

i was asking my friend about this the other day and he also told me new spkrs arent going to do much, but he's also raving about the line 6 spiders so figured id get a second opinion!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

It's not a bad amp by any means, I'd try plugging into some other speaker cabs (try mates, music shops, rehearsal studios etc) and seeing what sounds good rather than buying new speakers blind.

Speakers can make an enormous difference, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Quote by SYLrules88
i cant really budget for an amp. i couldnt afford a different one unless i were able to sell this one first. im eyeing some stuff on ebay and im thinking no more than $150 total on speakers, same for pups. already purchased the guitar.

the thing is i like actives, and of course ill have no choice but to try out the Dave Mustaine Live Wires, but for what i want from this guitar, it just seems like passives are the right choice. and i have no idea if the amp is based on the Ampeg circuit.

i was asking my friend about this the other day and he also told me new spkrs arent going to do much, but he's also raving about the line 6 spiders so figured id get a second opinion!

Slightly off-topic, but when you do get that in feel free to pm me with your impression of those pickups/some clips if you can, I was noodling swapping out the EMGs in my C-1 Hellraiser for either Livewires or Blackouts but haven't had a chance to try either.

OT: A speaker can make a lot of difference, but I would think there's only so much a warmer speaker could compensate for a really bright amp. On the other hand, from what I can tell the '59/Custom set is less bright than the Dimebucker anyway, and you may not have a problem with those at all. (Take that with a grain of salt, since I'm not really 100% sure I'm reading the tone chart right.)