Which type of slide would be better for acoustic guitar?

Ive seen more metal ones for electric, and more glass for acoustic, but I have no idea.
go to the acoustic guitar forum. they'll definitely be able to help you more.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Just different sounds... Try out a few and decide. Generally the metal ones are more twangy and the glass are a bit more rounded sounding.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Metal - probably cheaper anyway. Glass one may break if you dropped it by accident. Never seen anyone use a glass either.
i'd go for glass

i have a metal one that i use for my acoustic, and i get a load of unintended noise but then again i'm not great at slide guitar
Depends...most of the thinner metal ones give too tinny a tone, glass or porcelain will be a lot smoother and fuller. Then again, there are the tone bars used for proper lap steel which ring for days and get a great tone, but you hold them much differently than you would a regular slide.

Generally though, for acoustic, I'd recommend glass.
Make one like all the bluesy folk do!

I think it just involves a bottle, a hacksaw and a file!

Google?

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
I like glass for electric, and a metal bar (like a pedal steel) for acoustic. Although every good bar guitarist should be able to do some tricks with the neck of a beer bottle too.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Last edited by Even Bigger D at Dec 28, 2009,