Hello everyone, for christmas I bought a 120 watt Peavey Vypyr but I didn't get the Sanpera II to go with it. Now before I bought this amp I was getting ready to start building a pedalboard but now looking at all of these reviews I'm confused about whether I should spend a lot of money to build a pedalboard like I wanted or just use the Sanpera II to go with the Vypyr. The Vypyr has very nice distortion and clean channels and a lot of effects and the Sanpera II is pretty cheap still for all that it can do. So what are your opinions on this? All help is appreciated
Quote by TRiggER2117
Hello everyone, for christmas I bought a 120 watt Peavey Vypyr but I didn't get the Sanpera II to go with it. Now before I bought this amp I was getting ready to start building a pedalboard but now looking at all of these reviews I'm confused about whether I should spend a lot of money to build a pedalboard like I wanted or just use the Sanpera II to go with the Vypyr. The Vypyr has very nice distortion and clean channels and a lot of effects and the Sanpera II is pretty cheap still for all that it can do. So what are your opinions on this? All help is appreciated

The only thing id see against the sanpera II is that if you get another amp you couldn't use it with a new amp, can you?

But also i don't know how the vypyr takes pedals either.

Just my two cents
thanks. But honestly I dont think I'll be needing another amp. The Vypyr's are amazing. And yea I don't know how they take pedals either thats why I was asking you guys lol
Quote by TRiggER2117
thanks. But honestly I dont think I'll be needing another amp. The Vypyr's are amazing. And yea I don't know how they take pedals either thats why I was asking you guys lol

Hmm.... Well i dont have pedals or a vypyr -although i want the vypyr tube 60 very badly- so im not much help.

And i guess you right.. You can hook up the vypyr to a cab if you need it for gigs, and you could mic it if you needed..

Sooo now with all that i thought im leaning towards the sanpera XD
I believe you will want the footpedal to get the most out of that amp, as it has the vol and wah expression pedals, gives you access to all the presets and you can save like hundreds of tones you dial in.

I believe that amp will take pedals pretty well, but I would seriously dedicate some time trying to dial in what you want and saving it via footswitch before dropping a bunch of cash on pedals and interconnects and stuff.

Have fun, I've heard those are great amps.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
lol yea thats what I was thinking too. Myonly concern is if the guitar is humming badly. (I have a fender 72 deluxe telecaster) then There is no noise gate in the Sanpera.

And yes they are very good amps, I would definitely suggest getting one if you want a nice tube amp
Quote by TRiggER2117
lol yea thats what I was thinking too. Myonly concern is if the guitar is humming badly. (I have a fender 72 deluxe telecaster) then There is no noise gate in the Sanpera.

And yes they are very good amps, I would definitely suggest getting one if you want a nice tube amp

Well theres a FX loop with the sanpera -only if you have it- so get a pedal for a noise gate?
thats a good idea lol Imnot sure why I didnt think of that at first. there is a jack where I can plug in the interconnector for the noise gate pedal to the Sanpera II right?
do you actually need a pedal board for a vypyr though? i thought it had oodles and oodles of effects built in. see if you can get the tones you want out of it without using pedals before you go spending the big monies on a pedal board.
thats what I wanna do. I just need to know if a noise gate might be able to plug into the Sanpera also.
as far as i know, you can't use a noise gate through the sanpera cuz it uses a usb cable or something like that to connect to the amp, but i don't see why that would stop you from using one in front of the amp after your guitar
Actually I believe the Vypyr line has a built in noise gate, look into it.

I remember reading reviews of these amps early on and I recall people were complaining that you couldn't turn it off.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe