I have $550 to spend on a laptop to record with. I have a firewire audio interface, so firewire capability is a must. Could anyone please help me? If you need to know more, just ask.
macbook is the way
I'm from Switzerland, english isn't my first language, i'm sorry for my spelling mistakes.
Lil' wayne sucks so bad that he's got to be in my avatar.
Quote by MetallikSH
macbook is the way

Those are like $1000 I thought?

Is it possible to add firewire to a computer? If so, does anyone know how? Because if I could do that it would make it a lot easier.
Last edited by getmad24_7 at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by MetallikSH
macbook is the way

As much as i love Macbooks, that does not help at all, he clearly stated how much he wanted to spend.

I couldn't help you because the UK prices are considerably different for laptops!
/CENTER]
Old macbook on ebay, or anything with a PCMCIA card slot or ExpressCard slot and get a firewire card for it.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Quote by ext1jdh
Old macbook on ebay, or anything with a PCMCIA card slot or ExpressCard slot and get a firewire card for it.

Do you have any suggestions for what to get with a PCMCIA?
Quote by getmad24_7
Do you have any suggestions for what to get with a PCMCIA?

Any laptop larger than a teensy tiny netbook or a Macbook should have either a PCMCIA or ExpressCard slot on it. Anything by Dell or HP would do just fine.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Dont buy second hand what someone else suggested,

Also HP are a good make, they take their physical structure seriously unlike plasticy Dells :P
/CENTER]
Novatech.co.uk could be worth a look too. You may get a bit more laptop for your cash by not paying for a name on the case.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/laptop/range/x65.html

for an extra £60 this could be worth a look.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/extras.html?t=nb&c=all&r=M20&s=NNB-652&v=1

or this if you want something made out of metal
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by faultyy
Novatech.co.uk could be worth a look too. You may get a bit more laptop for your cash by not paying for a name on the case

I don't really think ordering from the uk is an option.
Quote by getmad24_7
I don't really think ordering from the uk is an option.

Oops, thought you were in the UK for some reason. Anyway, it may be worth having a look for an American equivalent of Novatech, there are probably quite a few.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Well, my budget just got cut $100 dollars, so the new goal is $450...
This is the only laptop in that range I could find that has a PCMCIA slot...is it any good?
Quote by thelurker
steve jobs removed firewire from the new macbooks.

Which is weird cause my mac has one.

Probably cause it's a MBP though.

What do you need the firewire port for anyway?

EDIT: don't most devices also have an usb out?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.