Plexi cleans are usually dirty and "brown". The JVM along with the JMP1 preamp and the JCM900 have the best cleans when it comes to marshall amps.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
if you want plexi style cleans from a modern Marshall, the only things that will really get them are the plexi reissues and the Vintage Modern (for cleans the 100w).

50W can get cleans too.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
50W can get cleans too.

I think he was just saying that if you're buying it FOR cleans, buy the 100... Which makes sense.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Well, if you are buying an amp for cleans, buy a Fender.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
if you want 'clean' clean then maybe not a marshall. If you want Marshall cleans, and are prepared for volume that will shatter your teeth and make your balls suck up inside you, then plexi. Plexis have a habit of overloading speakers also
Quote by JesusCrisp
Well, if you are buying an amp for cleans, buy a Fender.

Unless you like Marshall cleans.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Modirnwarfare, why are you still making threads about JVM's?

I mean, you made about 10 a month ago. Have you even bought it yet?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by tubetime86
Unless you like Marshall cleans.

Then buy a Laney
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
He got banned, Judafi.

I'll try to help you AGAIN modirn, even though you were slightly less than friendly in return last time x,x

JVM's will give you a more pure, less-distorting clean, as well as likely a dirtier one that relates to a typical plexi clean. JVM 205s (which are what you're looking at, I remember) can get a 100% pure clean, at minimum; Satch uses them as pedal-***** amps, so the clean (or at least the cleanest one) must not do much to the signal. That said, no Marshalls (bar the 900 and rare exceptions) are well known for good cleans. You'd do better looking for an amp that can do a marshall distortion and then good cleans if you want 'em that much. Laney, Randall RM, and Splawn all come to mind
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Quote by ze monsta
You've posted some dumb shit today, but that tops it all.

Do you mind to explain why?
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Maybe some people don't like Fender's clean and prefer's a Marshall's clean. Rookie mistake.

Quote by Matt-92
if you want 'clean' clean then maybe not a marshall. If you want Marshall cleans, and are prepared for volume that will shatter your teeth and make your balls suck up inside you, then plexi. Plexis have a habit of overloading speakers also
Niether of these are properties of a plexi.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
100w - more headroom - you won't get much of a gig vol clean tone with the 50w.
That is definitely not true.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 28, 2009,
Chill out fellas, I think JesusCrisp is just trying to say he prefers Fender cleans to Marshall cleans. Which, in most cases, I'd have to agree with. Also, If my 30W Egnater can stay clean at gig volumes, a 50W Vintage Modern will have no problems with doing the same thing.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Where in the world did the idea that a Marshall's cleans do not sound as good as a Fender's come from? Just because a Marshall's cranked British crunch tone is so famous does not mean that it's clean does not sound good.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6530641
^ plexi + strat

I hate how Fender has become associated with clean and Marshall has become associated with overdrive. Because a vintage Fender's overdrive tone (tweed, blonde, BF) is amazing and a Marshall plexi's clean tone is also amazing. And it's not like a Fender is necessarily going to stay cleaner than a Marshall. Very few of your classic Fender twin reverb recordings are of a completely clean amp. All those Bloomfield, Jerry Garcia rock tones are from a cranked Fender twin.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by ibz_bucket
Chill out fellas, I think JesusCrisp is just trying to say he prefers Fender cleans to Marshall cleans. Which, in most cases, I'd have to agree with. Also, If my 30W Egnater can stay clean at gig volumes, a 50W Vintage Modern will have no problems with doing the same thing.

I am trying to say that most people who want a clean amp are looking into Fender amps.

Some Marshall amps have also got nice cleans, the JVM is one of them.
I don't exactly know how JVM cleans compare to the Plexi cleans, but I guess they sound a bit 'cleaner'.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by al112987
Where in the world did the idea that a Marshall's cleans do not sound as good as a Fender's come from? Just because a Marshall's cranked British crunch tone is so famous does not mean that it's clean does not sound good.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6530641
^ plexi + strat

I hate how Fender has become associated with clean and Marshall has become associated with overdrive. Because a vintage Fender's overdrive tone (tweed, blonde, BF) is amazing and a Marshall plexi's clean tone is also amazing.

I never said Marshall cleans are bad, I just prefer Fender cleans. They sound glassier to me. Regardless, that clip is very nice.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30