My band is planning on performing Paramore's "For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic" in February. The problem is, our vocalist was trained in the classical/ madrigal style, and doesn't think her voice has the strong, fierce quality of rock singing. Can anyone direct me to any articles/ threads that can help us out with this problem?

Thanks in advance.
GEAR:

Schecter V-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Special Model LP
Ruben Flores Classical
Peavey Vypyr 75
Cry Baby Wah
You need to listen to how she sings it... She does some sort of stylized pitch slides around. For rock singing, the key is to ennunciate everything and sing from the diaphgram.

And Axe.... You've never heard of Paramore have you? It's a punk band with a girl singing hahaha....
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Haha.... yeah, heard of 'em. Knew they were a pop-punk band with a decidedly young girl singer. Can't place their sound off-hand, but when asking about a "fierce" sound, I got an image in my mind.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
There's a video on youtube somewhere of the singer from Paramore taking a singing lesson (as the student)... ah here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsseMSwKI80

Dunno if that's helpful but it might give your vocalist an idea of the kind of stuff that that kind of singer works on during a lesson.
Thanks for the help. Do you think it would sound okay in a classical-style voice, or should we try to get the punk-type vocals?
GEAR:

Schecter V-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Special Model LP
Ruben Flores Classical
Peavey Vypyr 75
Cry Baby Wah