My girlfriend bought a bass last week, it's her first instrument ever. It's an S101 JHM33.

I never heared of the brand S101 before so I was wondering if anyone here had some experience with any of their guitars and would like to share their opinion.

I'm a lefty and she's righthanded so I couldn't play much on her guitar but my first impression was pretty decent.
Quote by loaded_
i had one, didn't like it.

I'm sure it's not that good compared to high quality expensive basses. But how would you rate it as a beginner bass?
I've got an S101.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/WARNINGnimrod12/pictures/gear/192462/646237

It's ok. If you're just starting. I've been playing bass now for about 4 or 5 years. I bought it used and it still works alright. I suggest though, in the future, if she sticks with it, to get a new bass, S101. I should tell myself that as well...
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
From the picture, it looks like a perfectly serviceable bass. It isn't an American Fender, but it isn't meant to be. Enjoy it.
I have an S101 guitar. For the price I paid ($100) its amazing quality. Compared to a lot of higher end guitars of course its going to be less than perfect, but Ive been playing mine for over a year and the only problem I have is the tuners. They dont hold up like other guitar tuners, but thats an easy fix. Overall, Id say that S101 guitars are an outstanding value.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I was actually playing on an s101 les paul thing lastnight. It seemed to be pretty good, but I was playing with out a pick through a 15watt pawnshop special of an amp. Ao its really hard to give it a real thorough evaluation.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I bought JHM33 4 years ago for $149 in the US. I would say that it's almost perfect sound for such a price. I've never heard of this brand before, but I really liked this P-J bass. We don't have S101 in Russia at all.