Im trying to decide on these guitars:
Fender Highway One Tele (may upgrade to EMG pups)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (non-FR)
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe or Thinline
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry

I have a budget of ~$800 USD. This is my second electric guitar (used to have a low end yamaha about 5 years ago??) but have been playing the acoustic guitar for the past 8 years. I would like to play almost everything so I'm looking for a very versatile guitar. I like to listen to a lot of different bands from switchfoot to foo fighters to avenged sevenfold. I also would like to play jazz, like artists Wes Montgomery or Joe Pass.
Im kind of leaning towards teles because the bands that I listen to most use teles (Switchfoot, indie band called Barcelona). But I would also like the meaty foo fighters sounds of the LP.
Any suggestions or opinions? I'm also open to other guitars.

Also, Ill be playing out of a Vox VT30 amp.
Schecter FTW
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I've heard the EMGs on the c-1 hellraiser are pretty versatile.. Is that true?
Yes, The Hellraiser IMO is a very versatile guitar, the emgs can get some of the best metal/rock sounds but still play jazz, blues, or clean tones that sound pretty impressive, Shecter guitars in general are amazing guitars for the prices. and the hellraiser is a guitar that packs a big bang for the buck
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
Any opinions on the Highway 1 Telecaster with upgraded pups? I'm thinkin maybe SD hot rails or EMGs..