I hope I'm in the right thread, if not please direct me.

So I dont know what happened, or how it happened, but one of my frets on my guitar has little scratches in it, and the guitar string gets stuck in there. I guess nicks or indentation would be a better term? But its kind of like the string sawed into the fret. Regardless, they're tiny little scratches whatever you want to call them, and ( although I dont know to much about frets) I dont think its bad enough that I have to replace the fret. So how do I fix these little indentations? What instruments or tools should I use? I was recommended sand paper, but I'm a little skeptical so I'm asking you all.

Thank you all, all help is appreciated.
Sandpaper may not be the best choice: you may end up shortening the fret too much, which would just make more trouble. Just out of curiosity, do you know what metal the frets are made of? Most frets shouldn't develop scratches very easily, at least not at the scale your fret has. If you've had the guitar for a while (or even if you haven't), maybe you should look into getting (or doing) a full re-fret. It may save you in the future.
Quote by rootbeerjuice
Sandpaper may not be the best choice: you may end up shortening the fret too much, which would just make more trouble. Just out of curiosity, do you know what metal the frets are made of? Most frets shouldn't develop scratches very easily, at least not at the scale your fret has. If you've had the guitar for a while (or even if you haven't), maybe you should look into getting (or doing) a full re-fret. It may save you in the future.

No. I have a ESP LTD EC1000 Deluxe...if that helps answer your question? It probably doesnt. So what would you use to fix it?
Well, how big of a problem is it? Personally, I wouldn't risk messing with the frets if I could deal with it, but if it needs to be fixed, it needs to be fixed. Maybe you could take some pics to show us what exactly you are dealing with?

Maybe there's some sort of filler you could apply to the fret to buff out the scratches? I'm not sure if such a product exists for this purpose, but if they can do it for CDs, they should be able to do it for frets, right?
Quote by rootbeerjuice
Well, how big of a problem is it? Personally, I wouldn't risk messing with the frets if I could deal with it, but if it needs to be fixed, it needs to be fixed. Maybe you could take some pics to show us what exactly you are dealing with?

Maybe there's some sort of filler you could apply to the fret to buff out the scratches? I'm not sure if such a product exists for this purpose, but if they can do it for CDs, they should be able to do it for frets, right?

The string gets caught on the fret when I'm bending, it gets uncaught, but I know its only digging into the fret more.

I dont know how to post pics : (