Hi All,

I use Dunlop Ultex .60's and have a question: how do I know when I need to ditch one I've been using for a fresh one? I have one that I think is about to bite the dust, but have no clue what to do with it when I decide to use another one.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
I toss mine (Delrin, .018mm) when they break or chip or when they get too slick. More often when I lose them.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Mine wear down to the point where it's hard to play with them anymore coz of how short they get.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
I use mine until the tip becomes noticeably rounder than a fresh one. This is usually about a month after, although chances are it will have been lost somewhere and hoovered up long before then.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
I wait untill the tip becomes a little round instead of pointy, then toss it in the trash.. Or I loose it... which is often.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
I don't throw picks away, I just stop using them, then they get lost. But I usually stop using them when I can't tremolo pick well with them any more, or they're too round to let me articulate. Or when they break.

i.e:

(Invalid img)
Never stopped using an old pick, though I have lost every single pick I do not currently have.
/rig
wow, i have not been able to keep one around long enough for it to dull. i lose the things almost daily

i keep planning to get a pick holder, or be better about keeping them on my guitar or whatever, but have been unsuccessful.
It's not like their expensive. :P
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37