www.myspace.com/robotzombiearmy

this is the last song on a 6-song EP I just finished. the songs are all in order on the myspace page so you have to scroll down in the player a little bit.

basically this is my attempt at a pretty love song. i guess it's sort of progressive cause i played around with different time signatures and key changes a lot. it just ended up that way, i didn't set out to write something complicated.

I played all the guitar and sang, and I made the bass/drum/synth tracks in guitar pro and put soundfonts on them in garageband. my recording setup consists of sticking an amp in front of my macbook microphone, so the overall tone is somewhat scratchy but it's the best I can do for cheap.

some of the melodies are lifted from other songs on the EP so it might make more sense if you listen to all the tracks beforehand, but if you don't have a mess of time on your hands i think it stands alone pretty well too. tell me what you think.
That was pretty good and very unique and atmospheric.The guitar was great and your vocals were pretty good, the song actually reminded me of R.E.M.The sound is excellent for just sticking your amp in front of a microphone.Keep up the great work!

I am also listening to the track "Faith" right now and I love it.
I love the guitar work, and I see that your using garageband and making humanly impossible drum fills to xP

The vocals are great to, the only thing I would say is the lyrics could be less generic maybe, but it's great.
Quote by rockfan7
I love the guitar work, and I see that your using garageband and making humanly impossible drum fills to xP

haha yeah i tend to just throw in a billion sixteenth notes on every drum when i write fills...i figure if i'm pretending i have a drummer, i might as well pretend it's Mike Portnoy :p
Haha exactly my logic. Might just want to not make it sound fake, vary the velocity of the notes in the fill helps loads.