What kind of music are you gonna play?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
id say get the VM and be happy with it.

ive seen you around so much with your amp decisions i almost feel sorry for you.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94

ive seen you around so much with your amp decisions i almost feel sorry for you.

Every time I see something I look at it for a few days, and then decide either
1. the price is wrong
2. the product is wrong
3. I should buy a Mesa/Marshall/Vox instead

I just want so many different tones. I think that this+boost will get me pretty much all of them though

honestly, I think I just enjoy GASing for amps.
If you can live with the lack of a clean channel or high-gain, then get it, if not you better save up for something different.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
If you can live with the lack of a clean channel or high-gain, then get it, if not you better save up for something different.

Yeah, the VM fits in a real niche.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Sounds like you've answered your own question sir
If you really love the VM and think it's going to do you what you need to do, get it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

If you've played the VM and like it, then ask yourself this. Is this a deal that you will never get the chance at again? If you find VM's used quite often, then I'd wait and play the market for a while. But if it's at a price to good to pass up, then pull the trigger.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
£450 - good enough price?

Do you think you'll be able to find another for 450? Like I said, if it's a rare deal then Id go for it. If these deals pop up all the time then play the market. What's the new price of VM's over their?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I don't think this deal is THAT amazing.

Have you ever played the amp?
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
OK, if you played it and liked it then just get that thing.

However, it's not a really versatile amp, but if you are mainly looking into classic to hard rock distortion sounds, then it will be good for you.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JayT44
If you've played the VM and like it, then ask yourself this. Is this a deal that you will never get the chance at again?

I think a few other questions that need to be asked is also:

1. Is it an amp that you'll die to have?
2. This amp will be the end all of your amp GAS?
3. Do you think you'll go "damnit, I should have gotten that VM", if you passed up this deal.

If the answer is yes, then get it.

If one of those answers is a no, then this amp is merely a stop-gap purchase.

If you feel any tinge of uncertainty about this amp, then you're better off saving the money for something else that you'd REALLY want.

From what I can tell from your post, you're only looking at this amp because you want to buy something new, partially contributed by the slew of NADs on UG this past 2 weeks.

I'd recommend you don't buy it, because it sounds like an impulse purchase right now and you're not even certain about this purchase.

Move along, TS. There's nothing to see here, get an amp you really like.

I think you should start listing out all the amps you really want and start saving to get the most expensive amp on that list. Once you have the money, then decide exactly which amp you want.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I'm personally not a fan of the VM at all, but it's certainly not a bad amp.
£450? Yeah, I'd go for it, but keep it in good nick so you can trade up if you get bored.

The beauty of guitar gear is how easy it is to trade/part-ex any time you fancy a change, and a VM is decent enough to get you on the ladder for some solid trades/cash in the future.
£450 seems like a good deal, but as a few others have said it sounds like a bit of an impulse purchase. i had the same thing going through my head when getting my amp, i was always weighing up between a JVM and Dual recto and at the end of the day i realised that i would never be fully satisfied by th Marshall because it wasn't a Mesa (dont ask me why, i've just always wanted one :P ) I would wait a few weeks, and then see how you feel about it, if you still have a hard on for the VM then get it, if not wait for your Mesa/Vox/better Marshall.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
new plan - if I can get to grade 5 by the end of 2010 (easy as hell :p) my dad says he'll arrange a Marshall Tour and I'll be able to pick any Marshall amp I want fresh off the production line, play it there and take it. Yes, it has to be a Marshall. I'm thinking a 2203 with a 1960 or something - anyone have any advice here? also, I might (biig might) be able to look at some Diamonds (a Phantom is like my dream!)
Last edited by SwampAshSpecial at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
new plan - if I can get to grade 5 by the end of 2010 (easy as hell :p) my dad says he'll arrange a Marshall Tour and I'll be able to pick any Marshall amp I want fresh off the production line, play it there and take it. Yes, it has to be a Marshall. I'm thinking a 2203 with a 1960 or something - anyone have any advice here? also, I might (biig might) be able to look at some Diamonds (a Phantom is like my dream!)

If you really want a Marshall, just get it used. The older ones sound better and even when beaten up look that much more awesome.

But why does it have to be a Marshall, they aren't the most versatile if you really want a lot of tones except for a few models.
Quote by TOMMYB22
If you really want a Marshall, just get it used. The older ones sound better and even when beaten up look that much more awesome.

But why does it have to be a Marshall, they aren't the most versatile if you really want a lot of tones except for a few models.

it has to be a Marshall cause it turns out my Uncle can get me any Marshall model for free
Quote by SwampAshSpecial

2203 still won't get you 'clean' or high-gain and is a reissue. It will probably sound better than the VM.
If it's going to be a Marshall, the JVM and DSL are quite nice, as well as the 2203KK (which gives you pretty much the 2203's tones, just with the extra high-gain section if you need it and it has KT88 tubes).
If you are looking at Diamonds, the Decada and Spitfire II are the amps which are better suited to hard rock, but still have loads of gain and great cleans.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
Every time I see something I look at it for a few days, and then decide either
1. the price is wrong
2. the product is wrong
3. I should buy a Mesa/Marshall/Vox instead

I just want so many different tones. I think that this+boost will get me pretty much all of them though

honestly, I think I just enjoy GASing for amps.
If you get bored of it or it doesn't quite match all your styles, simply sell it when you feel ready. Don't worry about buying gear, just enjoy it and don't take it too seriously.