Hello, I just got my new POD X3 Live for Christmas and I love it, but there are a few things I want to ask about.

1) When I plug my X3 into the computer and set the microphone to the X3, is there any way to get the guitar sound to come out of my headphones plugged into my computer? (My headphones will not plug into the X3)

2) Is there anyway to record directly over a backing track playing on youtube while recording with my X3? I can record the guitar, but not the computer sounds, just wondering if that is possible.
1) I use onboard sound (no sound card) but the drivers/sound manager program that comes with it allows me to turn up "Playback volume" which allows you to hear whatever is coming from the mic.

2) You could use Audacity I think.
which program would that be lol? sorry im kinda new to this whole POD thing.
Get a 1\8 --> 1\4 adapter thing (any electronic store carries it) for like $2 so you can use your headphones.
You need to run the analog audio out into your computer. Even though you are recording with USB the only way to hear the audio is through the analog. Or you could do what Steel8909 said. So no matter what you need audio adapters.
what about for recording backing tracks?? Is there any way I can do that??
what about for recording backing tracks?? Is there any way I can do that??
I don't understand either the question or why you posted it twice. You can record from the X3 using USB. Whether or not you call that a backing track I don't know.