Page 1 of 2
So I'm a lazy bastard, and my brother got a new keyboard and I want to play random tidbits of piano bur can't be arsed to legitimately learn how.

My quesion is is there some kind of piano tab or something i can use to learn stuff?
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Sheet music is really quite easy to read, you know.

Just use a guitar tab and transcribe the notes if you need to.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Sheet music is really quite easy to read, you know.

Just use a guitar tab and transcribe the notes if you need to.

not going through the effort of remembering where notes are on the keys. I can read sheetmusic already.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
not going through the effort of remembering where notes are on the keys. I can read sheetmusic already.

Wow, you're incredibly lazy.

When I learned piano I had to learn where the notes were on the keyboard and how to read sheet music at the same time. It wasn't that hard. The keys are just in a pattern that repeats over and over anyways.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 28, 2009,
Quote by sneyob

It's is really easy. You have to memorize 12 notes. They just repeat. It's easier than a guitar. Why the hell would you use piano tab if you already know how to read music.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Learn the notes and use tutorial videos on youtube or something.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by sneyob

They're...uh...in alphabetical order...
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Piano tabs are stupidly complex, learn to play from sheet music. Open Guitar Pro, activate the piano display and copy the note positions.
🙈 🙉 🙊
A piano is setup in groups of notes called an ocatve. The very center key on the keyboard in the start of the 4th octave, notice that it goes, whiteblkwhiteblkwhitewhiteblkwhiteblkwhiteblkwhite. That grouping is an octave then the same pattern repeats to begin the next octave. The white keys of the octave are c,d,e,f,g,a,and b. The black keys of the octave are csharp, d-sharp, f-sharp, g-sharp, a-sharp. That is all the information you need to read piano tabs. The octave will be placed on the outside of the line, then the note in that octave is written on the line

4---f-------------------------------c-----a--
3----------g-------------------c------F-----
2-----------------f-------------d------------
2------------------------c--------------------

notes are played left to right, if two or more notes line up on top of each other they are played at the same time. Captial letters are the sharps and flats(black keys).
contemplating a tab for piano is illogical. it only works for the guitar because the frets can be numbered and you have 6 strings with the same number of frets and the notes on each fret different and there being many ways of playing the exact same note. tab can make it easier to show how fingering works and can be used in conjunction with sheet music. whichever one you choose for the guitar (if any) has its positives and negatives.

the piano on the other hand...
learning a,b,c (+ #'s/b's) does not seem much harder than learning 1,2,3 (note: refer to the jackson five song "abc")
if it's that much trouble for you, you can try putting stickers on the keys at first and try putting the letter name underneath the note on the sheet music. that will be more effort in the long run though.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by ak10
A piano is setup in groups of notes called an ocatve. The very center key on the keyboard in the start of the 4th octave, notice that it goes, whiteblkwhiteblkwhitewhiteblkwhiteblkwhiteblkwhite. That grouping is an octave then the same pattern repeats to begin the next octave. The white keys of the octave are c,d,e,f,g,a,and b. The black keys of the octave are csharp, d-sharp, f-sharp, g-sharp, a-sharp. That is all the information you need to read piano tabs. The octave will be placed on the outside of the line, then the note in that octave is written on the line

notes are played left to right, if two or more notes line up on top of each other they are played at the same time. Captial letters are the sharps and flats(black keys).

That looks too similar to music staff. It seems like you might as learn to read music if you're goning to learn that. Plus you're much better off reading music anyway.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by sneyob

There's 7 white keys and 5 black keys. It's really not that hard remembering.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by sneyob
So I'm a lazy bastard, and my brother got a new keyboard and I want to play random tidbits of piano bur can't be arsed to legitimately learn how.

My quesion is is there some kind of piano tab or something i can use to learn stuff?

i hope it's the last fail on this forum before 2010 comes...
Fffuuuu fine I'll just learn the damn notes. My brother learned by taping the letters to the keys. Probably will try that.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by ak10

Wow, are you ****ing serious That looks stupidly complicated.
Quote by Dregen
Wow, are you ****ing serious That looks stupidly complicated.

I hope ur joking, how is that complicated. The number tells you what octave to play it in, the letter tells you what note in the octave to play. Thats really no different from a guitar tab telling you what string to play and what fret to play on that string.
Quote by sneyob
not going through the effort of remembering where notes are on the keys.

Then you're wasting your time bud. Piano isn't instant gratification - it takes time.

Quote by sneyob
I can read sheet music already.

The notes are in alphabetical order and they repeat after each octave. That concept is easier to grasp than reading notation.
Quote by ak10
I hope ur joking, how is that complicated. The number tells you what octave to play it in, the letter tells you what note in the octave to play. Thats really no different from a guitar tab telling you what string to play and what fret to play on that string.

It's stupidly complicated compared to playing sheet music. With piano, there is only one way of playing something as it is notated on the sheet music. With guitar, that's a different story.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 28, 2009,
With piano sheet music there are two different staffs to know, bass and treble cleffs, then you also have to know the different note designs, whether its a whole note, half note, quarter note etc..., there is far more to know when reading sheet music then reading tabs, I know how to do both and if I am just wanting to do it quickly or transcribing something from guitar to piano, I always use tabs cause its just so much quicker and easier.
Hey everyone, I'm really new to this and could use some help, or at least an understanding so going forward I'll know to play piano parts from the tab pro. I'm really lost on the keys to play. I've attached in image below. Any constructive help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Attachments:
piano part.jpg
This is hilarious. Too lazy to familiarize yourself with sheet music but is willing to put way more effort in than necessary to read piano "tabs".

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
This is hilarious. Too lazy to familiarize yourself with sheet music but is willing to put way more effort in than necessary to read piano "tabs".

At least we're not red-assed baboons.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Just learn to read sheet music you mong, I can't make sense of that crap.

Quote by Xiaoxi

Wow, the support you get here is amazingly useless. This is from the tab pro, which I can read the guitar tab just fine. I don't play piano, but I would like to add this bit into a song that I'm doing. Thanks for wasting yours and my time!
So, again for anyone who cares not to be a jackass, let me rephrase. What I posted was a snippet from a part of a song I want to cover. I play guitar and understand guitar tablature. The tab pro version of this has a piano part, but I don't understand the numbers correlating to the piano notes or chords. I don't play piano, but would be nice if I could add this small part. Unlike what Xiaoxi said, I didn't spend any extra time or effort looking into piano tabs. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by hjack7878 at Jul 29, 2014,
They weren't talking to you, genius. And if they were, it's deserved. Learn sheet music.
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 29, 2014,
lol what a

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Lel @ piano tabs. Whoever made that up has my sincerest pity
Quote by StewieSwan
They weren't talking to you, genius. And if they were, it's deserved. Learn sheet music.

JackWhiteIsButts post only confirms how unintelligent you are. He said he couldn't read that crap, and so can't I. I suggest reading before you post...
Page 1 of 2