Ok, so today i was at guitar center and i found a squire affinity strat for $50. I had the money (only actually cost me $30 cause credit) so i decided i'd add this guy to my rig for a back up. It's midnight red with a rosewood neck.

I was suprised at how nicely it played for a $50 guitar, but there is still room for improvement. I already set up the action and i'm going to do the intonation tonight. I have alot more plans though for it.

My list of things to do to this guitar is the following:
-New Pickups (thinkin fender noiseless)
-New Pick-guard
-New Paint Job (Nice and Black)
-New Electronics (scratchy pots may bother me fast)

The only problem i have with this is that i'm not sure how to do most of this

Sooooooooooo, i'm asking for the help of the GB&C thread to give this build some life.

I'm thinking that i want to do the paint first, then pick-guard, and then the pickups and pots together.

I don't really have any soldering skills, but i do own a solder. I am willing to buy some stuff to practice on (preferable guitar pedals ) if it'll help.

Thanks!
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
firstly soldering is a fast thing to learn, if i was you i would do the paint last as you're going to be constantly attacking the body with screw drivers, i would also do the pickguard and electrics at once to make it easier, also a new bridge wouldn't be a bad idea either
A new bridge was also in my thoughts, but i wasn't sure if an american tremolo would fit, and also the tuning is surprisingly stable right now. Im open to doing any order, i just don't want to have to backtrack
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause