I have some questions regarding the amp.

Is it a modelling amp or not?
and how does it take pedals?

any other comments about experience with the amp are welcome

am I better off with the hughes & kettner blue?

I basically want an amp with an fx loop for bedroom practice and jam sessions with drummer

I'm planning on using it with my boss gt-3 and musket fuzz

thanks in advance
Quote by ComradSputnik

Is it a modelling amp or not?

Well, it can be considered as one since it emulates different amp models. But, unlike other modelling amps (line 6 Spider, Peavy vypyr etc.) it uses an analog circuity to emulate those models, instead of DSP circuity, therefore it should take pedals well. I never had experience with it, but I've had good experiences with other Tech 21 products.
I own a Trademark 60.

No, not a modeling amp. However, it can be dialed in to closely resemble basic Vox, Fender, Marshall and Mesa-like tones. The cleans are definitely my favorite part of this amp. Nice and chimey. It also takes pedals like a champ.
It is an analog modeling amp with 3 amp sims, 3 speaker types, and 3 mic placement sims.
Considered one of the best solid state amps.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION

Vs.

The Trademark 60 does not contain 3 amp models, 3 mic sims, nor 3 speaker sims. That's the Trademark 30, which is marketed more as a "direct recording amp." Whilst the 60 also uses the same SansAmp technology and could therefore technically be classified as a "modeling" amp, the layout, features, and controls are designed to react more as a regular 2 channel amplifier. It's no more modeling a Fender/Marshall than an Egnater Renegade.
I'm seriously looking at the 30 and 60 tech 21's in order to have a more portable option.

Need to go and try them both along with a VOX AC30.
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”