Epiphone SG G-400
IBANEZ S470DXQM

Amps
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Marshall MS-2 Micro Stack

Pedals
Zakk Wylde ZW 45 Cry Baby Wah
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
JEM? For metal? Do you really need to ask that?

Seriously, it's got humbuckers, so it can handle gain. I recall the stock pups on the JEMs being rather good, though some might disagree. It'll handle metal as well as the RG series or better.
Steve Vai
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
With a pickup swap it'll do fine. If you are thinking of getting one, I'd suggest waiting a few months, after NAMM Ibanez are releasing a new cheaper JEM 505 which is going to have the Original Edge rather than the Edge 3 the 555 has, which is pretty bad.
Quote by littlephil
With a pickup swap it'll do fine. If you are thinking of getting one, I'd suggest waiting a few months, after NAMM Ibanez are releasing a new cheaper JEM 505 which is going to have the Original Edge rather than the Edge 3 the 555 has, which is pretty bad.

this
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by littlephil

i didn't know that, but if so, consider that.

if you can't wait, get a 1570 instead. the jem 555 is an intermediate guitar at a pro price because of vai's signature. whereas the 1570 is a pro guitar at a good price.

Quote by fingerguy
Let's put it this way: STEVE VAI USES IT!!! Enough said!

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Ibanez/JEM555/10/1

go away. when have you ever seen vai using a 555? because i haven't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?