Hi guys,

I'm having a couple of problems with my interface/recording program and just can't seem to fix them.

I just got an M-Audio FastTrack USB for Christmas. I'm also using Reaper x64 to record. The thing I can't seem to figure out is the output. The interface itself works; I've recorded sound clips with Windows sound recorder and they come out fine. However, when I try to record with Reaper, it shows sound recording but, will not play the sound back after the recording is done. What's also got me perplexed is that sound just doesn't output through my laptop's speakers no matter what I settings I use. Now, admittedly, I know next to nothing about computer recording so, I could be overlooking something stupidly simple.

If I could get the output straightened out, I'd be a happy camper haha.

Oh, by the way, I'm using Windows Vista Home x64.
it will output through the interface, not your computer
Rig:
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>
Morley Volume

my shit screams.
I'm not sure how Reaper works, but in your settings for it, it may be outputting back to your FastTrack. If there's a headphone out on the Fasttrack you'll need to use that or switch Reaper's settings to output to your onboard audio.

Also, if you're using your onboard audio, you will want to download ASIO4ALL (I believe thats the name), as it greatly reduces latency with windows drivers.
My Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Paul Allender
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Damage Control Demonizer Distortion/Preamp