Page 1 of 12
R.I.P The Rev

An insanely untimely death.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132643&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29

UPDATED LINK

http://www.ocregister.com/news/sullivan-226142-beach-drummer.html

the first link was down for a while because it was being updated I guess

Taken form A7X's Facebook
Alright guys, its confirmed on the bands Facebook. "It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan. Jimmy was not only one of the world's best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jimmy's family and we hope that you will respect their privacy during this difficult time. Jimmy you are forever in our hearts. We love you. M Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance and Johnny Christ" Taking from the Avenged Sevenfold facebook page.
Last edited by SeEsAw12 at Dec 29, 2009,
Oh my.

His three different types of drum roles were pretty good.
Last edited by Andrax20 at Dec 28, 2009,
o shit seriously?
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Holy shit! Damn... RIP

EDIT: ^Not cool. I wasn't a fan of his stuff either but it's not about his music, it's about a human dying.
Last edited by Limaj_daas at Dec 28, 2009,
Damn. RIP

I am going to enjoy confused pit responses.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I never liked them too much.
"Breasts the size of watermelons" is what Moses said to the Egyptians
Quote by sticksause
I guess God took another celebrity just for teh lulz.

its always for teh lulz

anyway, sucks he is dead.
Oh sh*t. 28...

R.I.P... I wonder what the band is going to do about this... :\
Never a huge fan of the band, but RIP.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
if life was a poker game i guess you could say he folded

sorry for my lame pun attempt
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Quote by XB0XDEM0N
I never liked them too much.

Who cares about your musical taste? I don't like them much either, but a young man just died way too early. At least have the courtesy to say RIP, you heartless douche. RIP.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I wasn't a huge fan of em, but I didn't hate them. This still sucks, they did some good music.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Wow, this is terrible. He was such an inspiration for me on the drums. Avenged Sevenfold were my favorite band for a long time and I loved his drumming style. This is terrible, he is way too young.

RIP

EDIT: I wonder what the band is going to do about this. I hope this isnt the end of Avenged Sevenfold.
Last edited by a7xplayer at Dec 28, 2009,
Anyways, expect people to go around saying that he was the greatest drummer ever.

Don't you guys think he was a year too late? You can't be in the 27 club if you're 28.
today is innocent day in some countries ... soo ... if it is true by tomorrow i will believe it
Ahhh shit that sucks. The rev had a big part in shaping their sound, his drumming style was pretty unique

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
The band really wasn't that great and his drumming was "meh" at best but still...............28 man

RIP
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Ok, I need to say this.

If you're gonna come in here and just say "I never liked them", then don't even bother.

The guy was 28. Thats way too young to die. Show some respect.
RIP Tom Searle.
Man this is so terrible. Avenged Sevenfold was one of my favorite bands for a while. He was way too young and please don't let this turn in to a thread bashing the band. My prayers go out to the band and the families. RIP.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Extremely saddening news. So young and so talented. I wasn't a huge fan of A7X, but that really sucks.

RIP Rev.
is this... really... what?

yes, I do like a7x and the rev is amazing.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by sticksause
Anyways, expect people to go around saying that he was the greatest drummer ever.

Don't you guys think he was a year too late? You can't be in the 27 club if you're 28.

That being said, he wasn't by any means a bad drummer - he did what fit. I didn't even like the band. RIP, man, dead too early.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by a7xplayer
Wow, this is terrible. He was such an inspiration for me on the drums. Avenged Sevenfold were my favorite band for a long time and I loved his drumming style. This is terrible, he is way too young.

RIP

EDIT: I wonder what the band is going to do about this. I hope this isnt the end of Avenged Sevenfold.

Would they be able to find someone to replace him adequately though??

Probably not.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Not a fan but RIP, that really sucks.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by Masamune
...innocent day?

Basically April fools day in December. People go around pranking eachother all day.

I'm sure this isn't the end of Avenged Sevenfold ad it seems rather odd that he would pass away today. I'm kinda skeptical but if it's true then RIP
The lack or respect here is sickening. Someone who a lot of people really like died when he was only 28. If you don't like the band, that's fine, but to say you're glad someone is dead!!?!?! Only a ****ing 12 year old would say that.

Grow the **** up people.