willwelsh816
Sittn on top of the world
2,464 IQ
Hi, my friends and I are thinking of starting a band. I've been practicing with a more than capable drummer, and I'm a well rounded guitarist, being in a former band myself. We are planning on asking one of our friends to play Keyboard, with some bass from the keyboard at the same time.

Both me and the drummer have perfected some simple songs from the band Blind Faith, because the band includes two of my favorite musicians. I love the guitar playing of Eric Clapton, and the Singing of Steve Winwood. The songs we have down already are "Sleeping in the Ground", "Can't Find My Way Home", "Had to Cry Today", and "Presence of the Lord." My singing on these songs is fine, and I practice my singing with my friend and I with my acoustic guitar(I'm not gonna yell over a damn set)

once we get some keys playing, he could fill in the empty space during solos, and add some depth to the sound, IF he decides to join. I have a question, is playing a bass line and something else on keys a pain in the ass, and if so, could it be a deal-breaker? The kid we are planning on asking is classically trained, but is doing something like we need, REALLY difficult?
Last edited by willwelsh816 at Dec 28, 2009,
Balmazer
Registered Abuser
164 IQ
is doing something like we need, REALLY difficult?

Nope.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
SomeoneYouKnew
UG God
2,503 IQ
Quote by willwelsh816
I have a question, is playing a bass line and something else on keys a pain in the ass, and if so, could it be a deal-breaker? The kid we are planning on asking is classically trained, but is doing something like we need, REALLY difficult?
It's dead easy.

left hand - bass line. Right hand - chords to fill the space.

But that's only one possibility. If the bassline is complex, he can play that with his right hand on a separate keyboard and play the chords with his left.

OR he can play simple basslines with his feet on pedals and use both hands on his manual.

A UG friend of mine is doing a three-piece. Drums, Keys, Guitar.
It's working out great!
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/power-pirate/
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
its_alive
What Would Jimi Do?
548 IQ
That shouldn't be too difficult. Although I don't know that I've ever really seen much of that before.
Anyways, good luck.