Okay I've read the Ultimate gear information and still have not a clue of what is a Multi and Single Channel Amp and what their differences are.... Please someone explain, is all I ask.
A single channel amp will only have one channel, a clean channel.

A multi channel amp has two or more channels. Clean, overdriven
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by AxSilentxLine
It's not rocket surgery really

But you still need a degree
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
It's "Brain-Science".
Jackson DXMG
Charvel
B-52 AT100
Marshall 1960A
Pedals and stuff
Quote by AxSilentxLine
*fixed*

Ahhh touché
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
single channel amps have one channel- it's not necessarily only a clean channel, it can be a distortion channel. A soldano avenger is "single channel", but i wouldn't call that a clean channel. o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkcZeOEXPUw

but yeah, multiple channels normally means you have a clean channel combined with one or more distortion channels, and you can switch between them with a footswitch.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by Koshman32
A single channel amp will only have one channel, a clean channel.
Not true, I don't really know how clean I would consider a single channel Marshall.
Quote by al112987
Not true, I don't really know how clean I would consider a single channel Marshall.

As far you don't turn up the volume too high it will be clean (speaking of Plexi's).

But yeah, it's not necessarily a clean channel.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by al112987

yeah, i was thinking of putting that in too, but considering all the metalheads round here i figured the avenger might be a bit less ambiguous...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Was just going to bring up the clean single channel issue but I see you guys have beaten me to the punch.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.