Alright well, I currently have a Hagstrom Sweede. It seems pretty decent, but its not very cosmetically pleasing. Here is a pic of it (stock pic)

http://www.hagstromguitars.com/Swede.html# (goldtop)

And heres the guitar I was interested in

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-103812863-i1149387.gc
(not shure wich finish, possiably the amber burst, or sun burst)

I've heard good things about the epiphone, and i was wondering if anyone has played one and could help me out, and decide if i should trade mine in at Guitar center, and how much it would be worth. Thanks.

~Tyler W.
My Gear
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vox VT50 (new)
Hagstrom Sweede
Chevelle(1987) (Sold)
I thought Hagstroms were supposed to be quite good guitars?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
first off i think the guitar you own looks pretty damn badass...even more so than the epiphone. but i own an epi les paul custom and i think it plays very well. the big difference between epis and gibson is that epi are foreign made...so you lose a bit of the quality obviosly. but everyone can agree than gibson les pauls are very overprice guitars......my advice is to buy the epi and if you dont think it is good enough than buy the gibson humbuckers. then you got a gibson, although without the finish.
hope it helps
Quote by Koshman32
I thought Hagstroms were supposed to be quite good guitars?

They are, i just find the body of it to be a bit to fat. And I'm not to satasfied with the finish, but i dig the sound, but i want to try a Epi LP then decide.
My Gear
Vox VT50 (new)
Hagstrom Sweede
Chevelle(1987) (Sold)
what's the difference in price? i slightly preferred the hagstrom when i tried them head to head, but it was close, and trying one of each is hardly statistically significant. plus if you can try them yourself, that'd be the best thing...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Haggies are more then the LP i want, but i already own a haggie, and im interested in trying a epi LP
My Gear
Vox VT50 (new)
Hagstrom Sweede
Chevelle(1987) (Sold)
First thing you will notice is that the neck of the Epi is more chunky. Hagstrom guitars are known for their thin neck.
I doubt you will get better sound on an epiphone. THe pickup on the Haggies are of good quality while epi are quite generic stock i'm afraid. Plus there is no coil split on epi.

Keep the Hag is what I suggest.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

oh, i fail at reading, i didn't realise you already had a hagstrom. I'd say it's not worth the bother of the swap, unless you absolutely hate the cosmetics of the hagstrom and they're putting you off the guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My haggie doesnt have a coil splitting option, and I find it hard to belive the neck of mine is slim compared to a epi LP, mine is very thick
My Gear
Vox VT50 (new)
Hagstrom Sweede
Chevelle(1987) (Sold)
the hagstrom has waay superior sound. played loads of them aswell as epipone les pauls yesterday.
Quote by tyler77156
My haggie doesnt have a coil splitting option, and I find it hard to belive the neck of mine is slim compared to a epi LP, mine is very thick

Hagstrom necks are like 18mm thick at the first fret. That's as slim as a Wizard, but without the awkward shape. Believe what you like, that Hagstrom neck is wayyyy slimmer then the Epi neck.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Don't sell that hagstrom it's ****ing beautiful. Genuinley I would take that hagstrom over the Epi anyday especially since everyone has an epi :/ But that hagstrom stands out and probably gives a richer tone anyway.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
ok, ok, ok. I wont sell it, thanks for all the help guys
My Gear
Vox VT50 (new)
Hagstrom Sweede
Chevelle(1987) (Sold)
good decision, when you're playing i have a hard time imagining you thinking about the looks. way better tone and plus, it looks more unique.
Quote by tyler77156
They are, i just find the body of it to be a bit to fat. And I'm not to satasfied with the finish, but i dig the sound, but i want to try a Epi LP then decide.

Walk into a Guitar Center and try one out, but lemme tell you you'll like the Hagstrom better. The Epi Les Pauls are great, but not as good as a Hagstrom.

Thats just my opinion. Good luck

EDIT: Oops. Didn't read the rest of the thread. Good idea not selling it.
http://www.washburn.com/electrics/idol-series/

these are nice too. coil splitting, and some have good pickups (better than stock ones on a 400ish guitar). if im not mistaken some of these are going cheap online, cheaper than the retail listning.

i like the epi but yours is probably a bit better i want to say. thought it seems to have a "bubbley" body. seems bigger than a les paul. anyways it doesnt seem like a reasonable switch to me unless you really dont like your guitar.
I own an Epi Custom and it plays and sounds like tits.
My other guitarist plays a Hagstrom (not 100% on the model) and it also plays and sounds very good

I'd be happy to have the Hag, but I'm not trading/selling my Epi for it. Guitars are on par IMO